Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the Vance and Hines Slash Cut Slip On's? I was just wondering how loud they are and if it is necessary for to have the power commander installed. It's probably a little late to ask since I've already ordered the slip on's and currently waiting on them but I figured I would just get as much info as possible.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone installed the Vance and Hines Slash Cut Slip On's? I was just wondering how loud they are and if it is necessary for to have the power commander installed. It's probably a little late to ask since I've already ordered the slip on's and currently waiting on them but I figured I would just get as much info as possible.
I've also ordered the Vance and Hines Slash Cut Slip-Ons (currently on backorder)for my VT1300CS. I've been waiting for over three weeks and they are still on backordered. Did you get yours? Was it an easy install? How do they sound?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered mine about a month ago from www.chromeworld.com and they are still on backorder. My guess is that its Vance & Hines because everyone I've called has them backordered. Really starting to pi$$ me off!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Cobra slip-ons are $269.99 from Cruiser Customizing with free shipping. I had mine in about a week. I shopped around and seems like everyone had about the same price, I choose CC because I had ordered from them before and had been satisified with their service. :D
Gary

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hell Yeah!! My pipes shipped today and should be here by monday. I think I paid $338 for my V&H slip ons and the only reason I went for the V&H over the Cobras was the reviews that I've read on different websites and the video of them on youtube. They sound sick way better than the Cobras in my opinion, but thats my opinion. Plus I've heard of Cobras having fitment issues. Anyways thats just my 2cents.

·
jms412
112 Posts
Manny, Looks NICE! Are you running baffles? I was told they come with one thats alittle loud.
If you want it alittle quieter do they make a quiet baffle? I have listened to the sound bites on youtube and its hard to tell if some have a baffle or not. One Fury really sounded good and not real loud. Listened to a couple of Cobra's and they seem to be alittle more throatie and bubblie sound. If I can get a quieter baffle I think I am going with V&H.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts