Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is an email I received from Scootworks this morning. Looks like risers should be available in a few weeks and they are currently working to develop the lower wind deflectors.

Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 8:55 AM
To:
Subject: Re: Lower wind deflectors for Honda VT1300CT

Hi,

The windshield lowers are in development with one of our suppliers, and should be available in about 2 months. Several versions of the risers are in testing now, and should be released in a few weeks, we still have a bit of programming to do to make the (hopefully) last few changes to their design.

Thanks for your inquiry!

·
Registered
426 Posts
VERY cool news! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I will try to find out, the mounts were for "Covered Forks", I do remember that.

Ok, it is the MEM9891, for a VTX with covered forks. Then you choose the color of plastic you want. I went with clear, and they fit right with the shield. I just mounted them as high as I could.
How are they working out?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, how are they working out...did it dramatically cut the buffeting?? :mellow:

agreed...they have a crappy web site
They don't completely stop the air, but they knock a bunch of it off of my face/helmet. I took them off the other day as a test, and definitely noticed a difference at 60+. One thing I have noticed is in high headwind, the front end has a very slight bobble to it when the lowers are on. Nothing dangerous, just a feel.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Received update on the Risers

Question asked: "Do you have risers for the Honda VT1300 Stateline? When will they be available?"

Response from Scootworks received today:

We are completed with development and testing of these and should begin full production in another 2-3 weeks. We're completing a new machine shop to get all of our machinery in one building, so we'll be busy moving and getting that set up in about 2 weeks. I'll drop you a note when they're ready. Thanks for your interest!

Sincerely,
Dave Hockaday
Scootworks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.