Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've done 500 miles in a day on mine and two days later did 500 miles back home. Ran fine. Just make sure your fluids are new when you leave and you should be ok. Also make certain to check the wire bundle near the fuse box for chaffing before you go and from time to time on the trip.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i did 1000 miles in 18 hours and change a cpl weeks ago and i think the only thing i had problems with was my bottom side...at an average of 75-85 mph i could go about 130 miles between fill ups..pack some sun block and a rain suit oh and a camera..so you can make the rest of us jelous :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just finished a 1300+ trip from Wisconsin to West Virginia and back,the bike ran great. The only thing that had issues was my rear end! The stock seat leaves much to be desired for a long trip. I will definely get a Mustang or a Corbin seat for my next one, it was brutal on the backside. I had to stop every hundred miles or so and let the feeling back in.

·
jms412
112 Posts
Hey Aethelwolf, Just bought a 2010 stateline and you made a commend that I hope you can go into alittle more detail.
You said, "check the wire bundle near the fuse box for chaffing." Is there a problem that I should be aware of?
I had a VTX that I put over 8000 on and I never heard anything about this, Can you expain for the newie!
Thanks

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Hey Aethelwolf, Just bought a 2010 stateline and you made a commend that I hope you can go into alittle more detail.
You said, "check the wire bundle near the fuse box for chaffing." Is there a problem that I should be aware of?
I had a VTX that I put over 8000 on and I never heard anything about this, Can you expain for the newie!
Thanks
If you remove your battery side cover and follow the main harness. It makes a turn and goes over a metal bracket (only about 6 inches out), another member here had his get rubbed through and cause a short. I wrap a small piece of radiator hose over mine and zip tied it into place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.