Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Peace
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I am fixin to turn 8000 miles on the stock tires and I am hitting the wear marks on the rear. Front still looks great by the way. So, I am looking to purchase a rear tire and wanted to see what everyone thought for a good recomendation. I am currently looking at the ME880. Any thoughts? Also, I was thinking of having the dynabeads added for longer life and a more accurate balance as the tire wears. I do ride two up quite a bit more than I thought I would be, so the tire would need to stand up to that as well, Let me hear what your thoghts are. Thanks, Mank

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
I ride solo 90% of the time, but ran ME880 on my HD and will be putting them on my Interstate when the time comes. As far as the two up riding, I think they have a couple different load ratings for the ME880, not sure though. Depends on how much you and the passenger weigh too, solo @ 300+ or two up @ 300+??

·
Peace
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ride solo 90% of the time, but ran ME880 on my HD and will be putting them on my Interstate when the time comes. As far as the two up riding, I think they have a couple different load ratings for the ME880, not sure though. Depends on how much you and the passenger weigh too, solo @ 300+ or two up @ 300+??
Yea, between the two of us, we woud be hitting about 325. So far from what I am reading the ME880 is the way to go. 99% of the reviews I have read just confirm that this is the tire to run.
If anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear them.

·
jms412
112 Posts
Had 880 on my VTX anad rode two up on them about 30% of the time. Really liked the soft compound but seemed to wear more on the back than on the front. I will go with them when it is time for new tires on my stateline.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not ready for new rubber yet. I usually get 15000km to a set and always replace in pairs only.
The bike comes with a bias tire and I am wondering if changing to a radial is preferable .

·
Peace
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not ready for new rubber yet. I usually get 15000km to a set and always replace in pairs only.
The bike comes with a bias tire and I am wondering if changing to a radial is preferable .
I've been running a re Metz880 for 2000 miles and the front 880 foa a 1000 and I gotta say, what a ride. The bike handles a whole lot more true (if I am describing it right). I couldn't be happier with my decision. Now I just need to see if I get the milage out of them.

Reactions: Bob J
1 - 7 of 7 Posts