Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the add, we love our 2015 VTX1300CRA. It had less than 10,000kms on it. Older gentlemen couldn't ride anymore so a car dealer he always bought from offered to sell it for him. Previously we rode ac1500 Wing but due to old Army injury and getting older we decided to go witha setup like this to keep riding. Already added new seat and trunk for da missus.

·
Registered
Yamaha Scorpio, 2008 x 2. Honda NC 700, 2012. Honda VT1300 Sabre 2010.
170 Posts
WOW... That is FULLY AWESOME (I really want to say thats FULLY SICK but it might make me seem silly). So from what I can see the original rear wheel is still there right? HAHAHAHHAH its not a 2 wheel bike, its not a trike, ITS A 4 wheeler..... I LIKE IT!!!

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the modified Interstate. Was you Goldwing a trike too? I’d be interested in how you feel this new bike handles. It’s certainly going to get the looks. Ride safe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the modified Interstate. Was you Goldwing a trike too? I’d be interested in how you feel this new bike handles. It’s certainly going to get the looks. Ride safe.
The bike handles well but it's certainly an adjustment from two wheels, no leaning into a turn and no putting feet down. It's a bike you physically have to turn, but, being it's a voyager kit within five minutes it's a two wheeler again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
1500 wing was two wheels. The ride is good especially on the highway, bumpy roads can be bouncy though. It's manual steering but you get used to it. Slower in the cornering of course. It keeps my old broken body in the wind without the need for a convertible. 😆

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW... That is FULLY AWESOME (I really want to say thats FULLY SICK but it might make me seem silly). So from what I can see the original rear wheel is still there right? HAHAHAHHAH its not a 2 wheel bike, its not a trike, ITS A 4 wheeler..... I LIKE IT!!!
Yes, the wheel is still there, it's a voyager kit. In five minutes it can be a two wheeler again. Technically it is a four wheeler. Lol. Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the forum, blue for life!

Never knew that there is an option with the voyager kit as a bolt on option.

Enjoy your ride!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice . . . I haven't seen one of those before, something like that might keep me out of a convertible a while longer when the time comes.
It's really not too bad actually, take your time in the turns and it's a great ride. I've done some looking and saw an air shock setup that'll fit these bikes, not sure how it would affect the Voyager kit though. Got to research more.
1500 wing was two wheels.
1500 wing was two wheels.
Welcome to the forum, blue for life!

Never knew that there is an option with the voyager kit as a bolt on option.

Enjoy your ride!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Thank you. I never either until I seen this one, I guess they likely have kits for most bikes. It's certainly something we love.

·
Administrator
4,831 Posts
It would be difficult for people to ride those where I live, considering all of the surprises in the roadway i.e. road-kill, Amish exhaust, pot holes and critters like rabbits and squirrels playing frogger in real life.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice . . . I haven't seen one of those before, something like that might keep me out of a convertible a while longer when the time comes.

When I am 92 years old I'll still be riding my bikes. BWHAHAHHAHAHA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It would be difficult for people to ride those where I live, considering all of the surprises in the roadway i.e. road-kill, Amish exhaust, pot holes and critters like rabbits and squirrels playing frogger in real life.
We have all of that except Amish exhaust 🤣. No different than riding a two wheeled bike really, we have all the wildlife including deer, porcupine, trash pandas, snakes, bear etc... big pot holes and road snakes .I would rather be on this bike than a two wheeled when any of those obstacles are encountered. Although, a two wheeled bike is more maneuverable, usually there isn't much time to react with exception of road kill.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You all should try a Wombat..... It's like a moving lump of meat that is solid and only a foot high by a foot wide and 2 feet long. If a car hits it at 60km's an hour it basically totals the car and could probably get up and walk away.... Thankfully they aren't on this side of the country tho.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You all should try a Wombat..... It's like a moving lump of meat that is solid and only a foot high by a foot wide and 2 feet long. If a car hits it at 60km's an hour it basically totals the car and could probably get up and walk away.... Thankfully they aren't on this side of the country tho.
That would hurt! We have 1000lbs of moose, usually a vehicle ( cars ) go a bit under, sweep them of their hooves so they slide into your roof and windshield. Especially bad early AM and evenings. Many killed in Newfoundland because of these beast. Our trash pandas ( raccoons ) are no joke either lol. I guess we can call evens on dangerous animals to motorcycles. Lol. Australia is on my bucket list of places to visit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I have a friend who is in his 90's, he recently sold his Goldwing and picked up a top of the line Can-Am Spyder. I wish I have his energy when I get to his age. (Thirty years from now!)
Wow, that's awesome. I hope he continues his riding. 30 years for me too.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
All right you old timers, I have to get in on this conversation too. The worst I’ve encountered was getting hit in the chest by a hawk, that was eating road kill and then swooped into my lane when it saw me coming. I’m lucky it didn’t knock me off, but it really shook up the hawk. I just kept on riding and cleaned out my pants later. 😳

I also want to ride two wheels as long as I can. I’m 69 and have been riding for fifty something years.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Im only upto 29 years of riding but my job probably equates me to riding for every 1 year is worth 5 years. So the last 9 years of doing my job equals 45 years remove the 9 years leaves me 20 years so add the 45 and the 20 years I'll say I have been riding for 65 years...... BWHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

I SHALL RIDE FOR EVER..... To quote Hunter S. Thompson

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow what a ride!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Great attitude and outlook on life. I am totally on board with that way of thinking. We only get this one chance to make it count!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts