Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody gonna be out there this year? I am staying in Deadwood from Aug 7th to the 12th. Hope to see some VT's on the road. I will take lots of photos and post all the appropriate ones. B)

·
Peace
630 Posts
Anybody gonna be out there this year? I am staying in Deadwood from Aug 7th to the 12th. Hope to see some VT's on the road. I will take lots of photos and post all the appropriate ones. B)
What a LUCKY DOG ;) But why do you think we want to see the appropriate ones? Aint no fun in that :D I want to see the GOOD ones or in this case the inappropriate ones :rolleyes:
Either way Dog, have a great time and get trashy for all those of us that can't make it B)

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'm headed to Virginia on Aug 2nd, then down to Deals Gap for some of those rides. Going to be with my brother who rides a Roadstar and lives in Virginia. I may make it next year depending on when it is. I've been invited to ride along with his Star Chapter friends from Virginia out to Reno Nevada and back next summer for their annual Star chapter meeting. Just not sure if thats going to be at the same time as Sturgis or even allow us to swing north to stop by if it is. Not that big of a deal to me though, as I have Thunder Beach right here in Panama City Beach and thats put on by the same folks who do Sturgis and Daytona Bike Week. By the way, Thunder Beach Fall addition is going to be the last 2 days of September and the first two days of October this year.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you going to ride your stateline to Sturgis? Just curios, I would like to ride there but I have never made a trip like that on a bike yet.
We are going with a couple that we ride with. We are putting the bikes in the trailer and towing them out with the motorhome. Believe it or not it is actually cheaper to drive a motorhome to sturgis then try to get a room. Doesnt matter to me though. I just wanna ride the mountains and drink beer at night.

I would love to post the inapropriate photos from the trip but I believe that is frowned upon...

·
Peace
630 Posts
We are going with a couple that we ride with. We are putting the bikes in the trailer and towing them out with the motorhome. Believe it or not it is actually cheaper to drive a motorhome to sturgis then try to get a room. Doesnt matter to me though. I just wanna ride the mountains and drink beer at night.

I would love to post the inapropriate photos from the trip but I believe that is frowned upon...
I promise not to frown :p

·
Registered
423 Posts
Nertz! We didn't get a Sturgis trip planned this year. Our neighbors are going for a second time. Maybe next year. BUT . . . we should see alot of bikes since we are headed from North Idaho to Glacier on August 14 for 4 days.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Got back from Sturgis yesterday and had a blast. Put about 750 miles on the bike in 5 days of riding. Rode Needles Hwy, Spearfish canyon, Vonocker canyon, Whitewood, Deadwood, Sturgis, Rapid city, Hill city, Keystone, Custer, Newcastle, and went out to Devils Tower. The bike never skipped a beat. I was really impressed with how well she handled the mountains.

·
Peace
630 Posts
It just makes me sick that a man will go and brag about what a great time he had and then post pics of some really great riding. I am jealous :) Glad you had a good time dog!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts