Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All....

First off, I don't mean to start any kind of flame-war on Honda vs. Yamaha, that being said, I've been researching the Stryker over the past few weeks until I walked in to my local Honda Dealer (formerly dealing in Yamahas too). I was immediately drawn to the dark maroon monster that was the '10 Stateline they had on the floor. Now, I have not had a chance to ride either bike and I am coming from a Vstar 650. I've read some conflicting reviews on both bikes, but I guess that's how it goes for most bikes. I just wanted to hear from the actual owners and folks who enjoy the Stateline on daily basis. What am I in for? How is the handling and comfort on longer rides? I've read some slight issues on turning with the larger front tire and the wider handlebars (at least wider than a Star bike). I'm ready to buy in the next couple of weeks, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
i have zero complaints bout my interstate...well i take that back...i love riding it so much that it cost me a fortune in gas...lol...i have had it exactly a year 1 month and 2 days..and i ashamed to say i have only ridin 5k miles...there are pros and cons to every bike..you said youread bout the turning? well exactly how tight do you plan on turning? hondas are 5 speed not sure bout the star? i know i have plenty of power to carry me and the wife where ever we go..now this is just me being biest..but when i bought my bike i said to myself..self do you want ppl to look and stare B) or do you want ppl to point and laugh :lol: ... all in all i love my interstate and wouldnt trade it for anything :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have recently bought a Stateline and I love it. It soes take a little room to turn around But I have no complaints on the handling or comfort. I have only had my bike for a month and have put a little over 600 miles on it. I love my Stateline and am glad i chose it over the other models i was looking at. The only drawback I have found so far is there isn't a wide variety of aftermarket parts available yet being a newer model bike. But the parts are sure to come soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I know it's not going to turn like a Ducati, Busa, or any other sport performance bike. I'm used to the wider turns from my Vstar. I have 3 dealers set for Friday to compare colors and prices.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had Stateline since last October. Zero complaint!

I was shopping among Yamaha,Honda, Kawa just like you but the moment I sat on the Stateline, it was so comfortable. I felt instantly at home :)

I haven't mod mine much. Just windshield, floorboards for me and my wife and a new Corbin seat.

Yes, it turns a little wide and takes some getting used to when Uturning and in parking lot. I often just power-walk if space is tight.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I hate my Stateline. Rides like shit and looks even worse.

TOTALLY JOKING>>>>> THE STATELINE KICKS ASS. BEST BIKE IVE EVER HAD...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pulled the trigger today. Pick up my Stateline tomorrow!
Congrats EMF1138! I'm currently in the same boat you are in. Right now, my options are between the V Star 1300 & 1100 and the Stateline. Hopefully in a few weeks, I will have a bike to ride soon as well. Enjoy your new ride! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I must say that so far I am thoroughly pleased with this bike. I went for a ride with a buddy today and hit 80 a few times and there was almost no vibration!!! Wow!! Insanely comfortable ride. Turning is a breeze too. Love it love love love love it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts