Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I happened to find this forum and signed up, even though I am not a Stateline owner, yet. I currently have a 1984 Shadow 700 and am looking to upgrade to the Stateline, but the seat is holding me back. I first thought the Sabre was the choice but after test riding one the shape of the seat was smashing my little guys to the point where it was painful. I test rode a Stateline today and the seat was much better but I was not totally satisfied. I think was was just different handle bar configuration that got me out of a slightly forward leaning position. If the bottom of the seat were elevated say just 1/2 inch it would be perfect. Does someone make an aftermarket seat that solves this problem? Appreciate any feedback to try to solve this issue.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
+1 You can do just about whatever is needed/wanted to the seat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mustang seat is excellent. I installed it a few weeks ago and did the ride up to Rolling Thunder in DC Sunday from Richmond, VA (I-95) all the way and it was awesome! As one of my buddies said, it feels like you are in the bike now not on it.

·
Peace
630 Posts
Picture of Mustang Seat and Backrest
Looking really good. What kind of turn signal lens you got going on? I like that look and have been looking into that myself.
Pics of Rolling Thunder look good as well. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looking really good. What kind of turn signal lens you got going on? I like that look and have been looking into that myself.
Pics of Rolling Thunder look good as well. :)
Thanks Uncle Mank,

Kuryakyn Deep Dish Bezels. Very easy install. I switched out the rear turn signals with red lenses and have bought the kit to turn them into running lights and decay flashing brake but haven't tackled that project yet.

·
Peace
630 Posts
Thanks Uncle Mank,

Kuryakyn Deep Dish Bezels. Very easy install. I switched out the rear turn signals with red lenses and have bought the kit to turn them into running lights and decay flashing brake but haven't tackled that project yet.
Which run, turn, stop module did you get? and did you change the front lens as well or did you leave them alone?
I'd like to see a front and rear view when you get it done.

·
Peace
630 Posts
Yea, I really like that look. I know what my next mod is now. It takes me a bit to decide on what I want to do somtimes, but once I get it in my head, I'm sold. What a great enhancement, Thanks for the pic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts