Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi VTCafe'ers!

I have a 2010 VT1300CT. I am looking for a solo luggage rack for the back, but I do NOT want a sissy bar. So, the only thing I can find is the Honda Line Chrome Rear Carrier (PN#HL-08L42-MFY-100)

for $195 at cruisercustomizing.com.

This requires the rear carrier mounting brackets (PN#HL-08F75-MFY-101)

which is another $195.

That's $390 for a luggage rack! Wow.

Do I have the right parts?

Are there any aftermarket solo luggage racks that I can use that aren't so expensive?

Ideas Appreciated,

T.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob. That is a little better, but still quite a bit, given that I am also going to buy a Corbin 2Up Touring seat ...

I am surprised there is not an aftermarket solo luggage rack for this bike ...

(and yes, I have seen the "contoured" one, and I don't want that - I want a flat one that sits above the fender ...- sigh)

T.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
I will be making one this winter (plan at the time) for my Interstate along with some highway pegs extended off the floor board mounts.

I'll be sure to post some pics when I do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that the one that form fits to the fender behind a solo seat? I might have one that I'll sell for $50. Let me make sure it fits the interstate. I have a 2010, too. I'll let you know.
Thanks for the offer, but no, that is not the one.

I have a double seat, and I am talking about the hondaline solo rack. It is flat behind the 2nd seat above the fender (not form fitted).

But thanks again for the offer!

T.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.