Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all~

I just bought my '11 Interstate, and as probably everyone does, I've been "browsing" online stores for ideas and parts....

I've found the mirrors, grips, etc., but I've been frustrated looking for a decent sissybar/backrest/rack combo that I like. Personally, I think the stock lines of the bike are awesome, so I want a "low low low" sissybar. The ideal one would be about 6-8 inches tall, and be slammed (the backrest pad touching, or nearly touching the seat). It should be no wider than the seat, but could be a little narrower.

Anyone come across such a beast? Or have any good suggests?

Randy

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't find much available specifically for the vt1300. Does anyone know if (in general), sissy bar mounting kits listed for the vtx13/1800 fit the vt customs? I know the dealer had to drill the holes for the bags, so I guess I'm wondering if there are any mounting kits that will work?

Thanks!
Randy

·
Registered
593 Posts
As for after market parts, there still fairly scarce for the VT models. I don't believe the VTX items will fit the VTs, but I could be wrong on this account.

I got everything on my bike except the mustang seat and alaska leather sheepskin seat pad though my dealer. If you can find it, so can your dealer. At this point your dealer is your best bet until they come out with more aftermarket parts. Even all my Cobra parts were bought through my dealer. In most cases you can have the dealer order and install the parts you want on your bike and include them in your financing. Most people don't know this so they don't go to the parts counter at their dealership and order the extras while purchasing the bike. If they did, then they could include the extras in the financing and have the dealer install them and include them in the warranty as well. If my cobra I2000R craps out it's covered under my bikes warranty.

Things I got through dealer.

Engine guard
Cobra pipes, powerflow air intake, I2000R fuel management system.
Light bar
sissy bar
breakaway Throttle Lock
highway pegs
battery tender
teardrop mirrors

The dealer installed all except the mirrors, pegs and battery tender.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone either "tried" or "succeeded" in putting the Hondaline Low sissy bar on the Interstate (shows as being for the Fury, and doesn't mention any of the other customs)....Anyway, you can see them here:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/images/image_43171_200.jpg

This is pretty much what I've been looking for, and as long as the width fits around the Interstate rear seat, and the curve of the fender is not too radically different, then I can't see why it wouldn't work....I know of many pads that would look great on the Interstate using this approach....

Randy

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Has anyone either "tried" or "succeeded" in putting the Hondaline Low sissy bar on the Interstate (shows as being for the Fury, and doesn't mention any of the other customs)....Anyway, you can see them here:

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/images/image_43171_200.jpg

This is pretty much what I've been looking for, and as long as the width fits around the Interstate rear seat, and the curve of the fender is not too radically different, then I can't see why it wouldn't work....I know of many pads that would look great on the Interstate using this approach....

Randy
I don't know for sure what is under the Interstate fender, to mount that on a Fury, you remove the fender and drill 4 holes in it (hole points are pre marked by Honda on the fender) that line up with hard points in the sub frame, reinstall the fender and then bolts on using bolts, nuts, and spacers that come with the sissy bar. Interstate frame (top) Fury (lower)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Brew.... It looks like both have similar sub-frames. These expoded's help a lot. I think I can go to the dealer and take some measurements. It looks to me like if the sub cross-members are similarly spaced, there's a chance it may fit. And I will measure the width of the seats to make sure that fit's as well.

Thanks again for the views!

Randy

·
Registered
71 Posts
The dealer installed all except the mirrors, pegs and battery tender.
And it looks beautiful too, personally I'd take the hood and the recliners off it, but I get it. And your often forgotten point is very good tho, all that aftermarket now under warranty and not out of pocket! If i finance another that is "the way".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts