Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I boxed up and sent off the seat today to Mean City Cycles. When I took the box to work today for pickup a coworker asks whats in the box. I told him and he says "why you doin that most guys just take them to the local upholstery shop and let them do it". I thought to myself crap why didn't I do that. I did quickly change my thoughts and went ahead and sent it off to North Carolina. From what I found out MCC has good reputation and I think they know what they are doing to get a good fit, feel and look for a motorcycle.

When I get it back and ride a few miles I'll let you know how it turned out. In the mean time, It's the wife's 750 Shadow. Which isn't all bad it's a pretty sweet ride and the Vance and Hines pipes makes it sound twice as bad ass as it really is.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
I had the same thing with my seat. Made an app with MCC and then found out there was a local place that does it too. I called the local place and I could tell from our conversation that he was not as experienced as MCC. MCC also has a good reputation and reviews/testimonials.

I have about 1000 miles on new seat and loving it, can't even compare it to the stock seat. The local guy may have done just as good, but there was no reputation to help me change my mind. You should be very happy with MCC mods.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same thing with my seat. Made an app with MCC and then found out there was a local place that does it too. I called the local place and I could tell from our conversation that he was not as experienced as MCC. MCC also has a good reputation and reviews/testimonials.

I have about 1000 miles on new seat and loving it, can't even compare it to the stock seat. The local guy may have done just as good, but there was no reputation to help me change my mind. You should be very happy with MCC mods.
What mods did you have done to your seat? I'm still a little unsure but will have to decide by first thing Monday. As of now I have chosen the double decker memory foam for the driver and the wide double decker on the passenger but not sure what that will do to the look of the seat on the bike. I may change it the passenger to just the double decker.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
What mods did you have done to your seat? I'm still a little unsure but will have to decide by first thing Monday. As of now I have chosen the double decker memory foam for the driver and the wide double decker on the passenger but not sure what that will do to the look of the seat on the bike. I may change it the passenger to just the double decker.
I had the $100 mem foam mod, 2" down and 2" back, no passenger mod.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
did you get a driver backrest installed too. I emailed them and said they use utopia backrest for $200
No backrest, when on long rides, I have a duffle bag strapped to the seat. Works great :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got the seat back Monday from Mean City Cycles and have made a couple of 80 mile rides. The seat is now something I can be in for many miles. I was a bit worried about how it would look as I had the double decker for the rider and the wide double decker for the passenger done. Other than being slightly thicker you cannot tell any difference unless you have it sitting next to another Stateline.

I weigh 140 which is going a little overboard for the double decker but it is very comfortable and raised the seat height very little. I also had them move me forward and inch, this makes the seat feel like it fits my butt much better. I now tend to sit up straighter than before.

As soon as I get it out of the shop for the valve check and some warranty work I'll post a pic. The warranty work is to replace the handlebars. The bars had rusty spots on a weld.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how many miles before valve check. I think I'm gonna do my own.
1,286 miles at valve check. I asked the mechanic how many he checked needed the valves adjusted. He said he adjusted every one. Either the intake or exhaust or both on all of them needed some adjustment and a few needed a lot of adjustment.

I changed my oil at 900 miles due to not wanting to put any more miles on the breakin oil and could not get it in to get the valve check and first oil change. The shop mechanics either sick, broke arm, etc. etc. Changing the oil is simple and even easier than on my wifes 750 Aero. The Aero and Stateline use the same filter, I use Purolator filters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts