Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some good looking saddlebags for my Stateline. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also would it be possible to get the Interstate Saddlebags on the Stateline?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I'm looking for some good looking saddlebags for my Stateline. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also would it be possible to get the Interstate Saddlebags on the Stateline?
Honda makes a set for the Stateline, not as good looking as the Interstate (IMO), the Interstates would fit no problem, but they are ridiculously expensive to get new. I saw a set of colormatched hardbags from Memphis Shades at the Chicago bike show, don't think they are on the market yet tho

·
Registered
13 Posts
Honda makes a set for the Stateline, not as good looking as the Interstate (IMO), the Interstates would fit no problem, but they are ridiculously expensive to get new. I saw a set of colormatched hardbags from Memphis Shades at the Chicago bike show, don't think they are on the market yet tho
I ask HONDA about the Interstate SB for my STATELINE and they quote them at arround $1000.00 thats just insane..... Oh and instalation was not included in that price. <_<

·
Peace
630 Posts
I have an Interstate and when I was looking to puchase my bike,
I thought if I bought a Stateline, I would go old shool on the bags and put somthig with throw over look made out of a rigid leather with no stiffners, a pair of leather belt closures (hidden quick release ofcourse) with chrome buckles and chrome studs to outline the bag and flap. Just my suggestion B)

·
Registered
46 Posts
willie and Max (can google them) make a hard bag for the Stateline.
I googled Willie and Max and they do have hard bags for the Stateline for an unbelievable $1,221.98 primered. So its soft bags for me. I don't mind paying up to $500.00 since a frickin sissy bar cost $450 to $600. I find soft bags range $130 to $350. I just don't know which ones fit so they stay off the brake calipers and won't ruin the fenders or fly around when empty. The zip off bags sounds great but how long do the zippers last and does the part left when not on fly around. Do you need the supports to keep them out of the wheel and will it fit on the odd ball fender mounts you have to have for the $600 sissy bar. What holds up best fake leather or leather? I would consider the hard mount leather that Willie and Max have but not sure if the universal mounts will work with the Stateline.

This may sound like a rant but I just got ticked off about the sissy bar price. I also know very little about bags as I've had the same work bike for over 20 years and just bungee to the banna seat of the 750 what little I've carried.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I payed the full 1070 bucks (which included install) for the Interstate bags on my Stateline and I couldnt be more happy. They fit perfect and snug the fender nicely. I do agree that 1000 bucks for bags is pretty frickin crazy but once I got them on the money spent mattered none. These bags are just as good a product as the Honda bikes themselves. Made to last. Thats my opinion.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I do like the look of those Kury bezels on Abbotdogs bike. Looking down at those colored plastic turn signals is starting to feel cheap and I have just about decided you may be right about the hard bags. I don't want to put bags on the Stateline thats going to make it look like the multitudes of V Stars and Kaw's running around, even though that can't happen.

If I do decide to go with hard bags and mine is the red bike, would paint to match look better than the black? Does anyone have one of those photo shop programs that can play around with Abbotdogs colors and see what looks bests?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts