Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a new Interstate. I personally like the look of the 21" front wheel better. I wonder what it would cost me to swap out the tire/wheel/fender off of a Sabre onto the Interstate. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Probably be pretty spendy. Although I am not 100% sure I think you could mount the wheel and tire with no problem. But then you would just have to be happy with no front fender. Pretty sure the forks are different. Its possible the sabre fender just has extended mounting fins to reach a standard fork allowing for the 21 inch wheel but Im not sure. I know I cant throw a 21 inch wheel on my stateline.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have done this conversion it does take some respacing of the front wheel. The saber wheel is a little narrower and you do have to space the brake caliper. I tried to post a pic but don't know how to. Send me your email address in a private message and I can email you some pics and more info on the conversion. I bought my wheels used from someone on here. occasionally you can find one on ebay. Maybe I did get the photo after all. Oh and i used my factory front fender kinda gives it a slammed look.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Those aren't the stock Interstate forks are they?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts