Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of switching out my stock pipes on my 2011 interstate to some road burner long shots. I have heard nothing but good things about this company and their pipes but my question is are the pipes removable on these pipes. I know there aftermark in which case most aftermarket pipes have removable baffels but i just want to make sure before i order them if they do or not. Plz respond quickly
Thanks Ej

·
Registered
593 Posts
Not sure about those pipes, I run cobra slashdown shotgun pipes and you can remove the baffles from those. I would imagine you can remove them from any set of pipes. Just call or email the company and ask them. As for me I have left the baffles in for a reason. Baffles provide back pressure to the engine which aids in compression. Without the baffles your pipes are louder, but your engine doesn't perform as well and you'll lose some power. I know someone who took the baffles out of their pipes (Honda 750) and the bike ran like crap until they put the baffles back in. The compression loss was that bad.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had Roadburners on my Shadow. You can't find better construction and quality anywhere. You'll never have to worry about discoloration or chrome deteriorization. However, I wasn't "completely" happy with the sound. They had a "metallic" ping to them. The baffles were removable, and I would be very surprised if the ones you're looking at weren't also.

I'm looking at Samson Warlord Slasher II's for my interstate. I've also heard nothing but good about the company, quality (better be for the price! lol).

good luck!
Randy

·
Registered
82 Posts
I installed Cobra slip-ons and pulled the baffles for a while. After a while it just too obnoxious and I got tired of wearing ear-plugs, so I put the baffles back in. It still sounds very nice and I can still hear. Hey, call me a sissy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts