Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well besides solving for a windshield issue (I think I'm going to cut mine down thanks to the link Brew found me), I am also looking to find risers. Thought I'd share with you some info I got from J&P Cycles @ jpcycles.com and see what you think. I'm not sure, but I think the tech gave me info for VTX instead of VT but maybe the zz50005 will fit the VT?

Here is an excerpt from their email:
---------------------------------
Hello, ZZ50851 are med specifically for that model however I would use ZZ50005 which allows you to choose from the vast number of Harley type risers. If you choose to get the adapter for Harley type ones pick from the ones that have two individual top caps because the ones for single caps may have an incorrect spacing across. Hope this helped. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us, we will be glad to assist you. Have a good one.......

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Well besides solving for a windshield issue (I think I'm going to cut mine down thanks to the link Brew found me), I am also looking to find risers. Thought I'd share with you some info I got from J&P Cycles @ jpcycles.com and see what you think. I'm not sure, but I think the tech gave me info for VTX instead of VT but maybe the zz50005 will fit the VT?

Here is an excerpt from their email:
---------------------------------
Hello, ZZ50851 are med specifically for that model however I would use ZZ50005 which allows you to choose from the vast number of Harley type risers. If you choose to get the adapter for Harley type ones pick from the ones that have two individual top caps because the ones for single caps may have an incorrect spacing across. Hope this helped. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us, we will be glad to assist you. Have a good one.......
With the welded risers on your bike, those (ZZ50851) won't work, they work on VTX1300R,S,T or the 1800. The ZZ50005 are just bolts for using other risers, which also don't work. You might be able to use the Kewl Metal made for the VTX1300C, riser but they probably angle the bars too far down in the back. Or something like this riser mod

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm sure I saw another thread on Scootworks coming out with these risers in March (or thereabouts). Wonder how "soon" soon is....

Randy
I called Scootworks yesterday. I have a Stateline which I assume uses the same bars as the Interstate. Scootworks said they don't expect the risers to come out for the Stateline until sometime in the winter when the one guy who is working on them has more time. The customer service person said the fury risers won't work on the Stateline.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I called Scootworks yesterday. I have a Stateline which I assume uses the same bars as the Interstate. Scootworks said they don't expect the risers to come out for the Stateline until sometime in the winter when the one guy who is working on them has more time. The customer service person said the fury risers won't work on the Stateline.
Received an update from Scootworks today:
Question asked: "Do you have risers for the Honda VT1300 Stateline? When will they be available?"

Response from Scootworks received today:

We are completed with development and testing of these and should begin full production in another 2-3 weeks. We're completing a new machine shop to get all of our machinery in one building, so we'll be busy moving and getting that set up in about 2 weeks. I'll drop you a note when they're ready. Thanks for your interest!

Sincerely,
Dave Hockaday
Scootworks

·
Registered
92 Posts
emailed Scootworks today and received the following info--

The SWR-9 does not fit the Stateline. We have another model we're about to release to the public in about 2-3 weeks for the Stateline, Interstate, and Sabre 1300. They are going to raise the bars 2" and pull them back 3" from stock position.
Sincerely,
Dave Hocka
Scootworks

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
FYI- as indicated above Scootworks has delayed this release for months with various reasons.

------------------------------------------

I for one am tired of waiting and ordered the following 1.5 inch tall risers from Cruiser Customizing:

LA Choppers 1.5 inch risers for 1.25 inch handlebars

I called LA choppers today and they said these risers come with bolts for a honda install. Has anyone installed these yet on their bike?

Thanks

Update 1/2/32012- Received the risers today and there was no mounting hardware so that these would work with stock handlebars. LA Choppers had a completely different story today. Sorry for passing on wrong information that they gave me. Don't buy these to work with your stock handlebars.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I for one am tired of waiting and ordered the following 1.5 inch tall risers from Cruiser Customizing:

I called LA choppers today and they said these risers come with bolts for a honda install. Has anyone installed these yet on their bike?

Thanks
Let us know how these work out for you - thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would really love to see a before and after photo looking straight down from above the tank and one from one side or the other.... Please! :D

I'd like to see those views because while I wouldn't mind having an inch or so of lift, I don't know how far back towards me I would want the bars. It's already a PITA making a really tight turn to the right...

- Larry

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would really love to see a before and after photo looking straight down from above the tank and one from one side or the other.... Please! :D

I'd like to see those views because while I wouldn't mind having an inch or so of lift, I don't know how far back towards me I would want the bars. It's already a PITA making a really tight turn to the right...

- Larry
Ok, I will try to accomodate once I receive and install them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That will be awesome... thanks!!
Received the LA Choppers Risers today--- No mounting hardware was included contrary to what I was told on Jan 13th. They say I probably talked to a new guy. Actually I talked to two guys at their company on Jan 13th and I was assured that these risers would come with a universal mounting kit for the Honda. Today when I called them it was a completely different story. These risers only work with aftermarket handlebars not with stock Honda handlebars.
I will return them. Sorry for passing incorrect information that they told me on Jan 13th.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Received the LA Choppers Risers today--- No mounting hardware was included contrary to what I was told on Jan 13th. They say I probably talked to a new guy. Actually I talked to two guys at their company on Jan 13th and I was assured that these risers would come with a universal mounting kit for the Honda. Today when I called them it was a completely different story. These risers only work with aftermarket handlebars not with stock Honda handlebars.
I will return them. Sorry for passing incorrect information that they told me on Jan 13th.
That bites... what a way to do business!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I had my doubts about those risers working without modifications. The stock handlebars have the bolts welded to the bars and would not be long enough to go through the riser and attach to the triple tree. That style of riser would be bolted up thru the tree and riser and threaded into the handlebars. Hopefully Scootworks will come thru with some.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts