Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way to remove the ugly reflectors on the rear fender??? I used a blow dryer on all of the stickers, but am unsure about that method on the reflectors

Thanks
John

·
Registered
71 Posts
IMHO removing the reflectors will reduce your visibility to other drivers at night. That said, get the heaviest weight fishing line and some leather gloves and "saw" thru the sticky on the back of the reflector. I had to remove mine to install the Cobra backrest on my Sabre. Believe me, you want some good heavy duty leather gloves to keep the fishing line from cutting into your hands, it takes that much effort. After the reflectors are off, you can use WD-40 or Goo-Gone and a cotton clothe to remove the remaining sticky, just take your time and exercise some patience. If I remember, it took about two rum and cokes to get the job done for me! B)
Gary
P.S. I put the reflectors back on the outside of the backrest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What's the best way to remove the ugly reflectors on the rear fender??? I used a blow dryer on all of the stickers, but am unsure about that method on the reflectors

Thanks
John
I know this probably isn't the best way but it worked for me. I just grabbed onto them with a pair of channel locks and pulled them off. I also pulled off the Honda emblem on the side cover. Just be careful not to scratch the paint.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Thanks
John
I used a peice of spiderwire fishing line. Simply start at corner and work underneath reflector in a sawing motion. Takes them right off.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Just don't use your fingernails to get the sticky stuff off. Scratched mine when taking the honda emblem off the side battery cover. Penitrating oil and a rag for that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts