Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok maybe it's just me but I looked at the owners manual to find the shock adjustment and found it in the manual but no luck locating it on the bike.
Now that i have added the weight of saddle bags and sometimes my girl I need to make it a little more firm. Please help.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i think its located directly in front of the rear tire... pretty sure your gonna have to remove the seat to access it ..now I cheat, i take it to the local honda shop and ask them to do it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had the seat and rear fender off a few times to do other stuff and i glanced around for it but no luck.
I'll look good for it tomorrow it's supposed to be 75 the other times it was cold.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
It's not easy to see, but if you look from the right side in front of the back tire you should be able to see it. It's not quite behind the side panel, but close. This is on my Interstate, should be a little easier (to see) on the Stateline, with no saddle bags. I can get at it with a shorty screw driver, but barely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok maybe it's just me but I looked at the owners manual to find the shock adjustment and found it in the manual but no luck locating it on the bike.
Now that i have added the weight of saddle bags and sometimes my girl I need to make it a little more firm. Please help.
I own a 2010 Stateline & adjusted my rear shock to the firm setting &put tires at 36 psi with good results. Factory setting was too mushy. It seems a good thing & it is very easy to see & do with the seat off but I could not see it at all with the seat on.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you are wanting to adjust the actual spring itself you need to remove the seat and it is right there plain as day. I think what you see in the manual is the setting for the Damper. It is located (from the right side of the bike) in front of the rear tire on the right side, you have to move a rubber "ish" mudflap looking thing out of the way and then you can adjust this with a screw driver. I have mine set to all the way firm.

·
Being a fat Asian kid means I'm & Buddha on a bike
1,890 Posts
Hey nbr377...you're commenting on a 6 year old thread, started by members that aren't currently active.

If you have a question, I suggest you start a new thread and ask your question on a new posting...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hey nbr377...you're commenting on a 6 year old thread, started by members that aren't currently active.

If you have a question, I suggest you start a new thread and ask your question on a new posting...
hello Burnsey166
Thank you, yes I realize that this is an old post. I used it in hopes that someone would merely answer my question as it relates.
I have already figured it out though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,890 Posts
Awesome. Whadyado?

·
1,890 Posts
Just the 1-1/4 turn, or did you make more turns?

·
1,890 Posts
Cool beans dude. Gonna adjust mine when it gets warmer...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts