Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've had my stateline since last october and as you know, aftermarket parts have been pretty limited so far. Although, Kuryakyn just sent me their latest catalogue and there are some nice new air cleaners (i already have the cobra powrflo intake tho). Has anyone had any luck on getting a rear fender? I haven't found one and I currently have my bike in a local shop getting a custom dragger fender built for it (pictures to come).

On a separate note, if you are looking to lower the bike, don't get the low and mean spring for the stateline. They say it fits, but when i had the shop go to put it in, they noticed that it was way too loose and the guy from low and mean said that we should zip tie the d clips in... not a good idea. any large pothole and that spring will go sideways... we ended up cutting only one ring off the current spring... lowered it about an inch and it's still safe.

·
I wont call you Betty, but you CAN can call me Al
1,551 Posts
Bumping this thread because I'm thinking about lowering my Stateline.

I had great luck with my lowered spring from L&M for the Fury. I'm not sure Chris would recommend using zip ties to secure the D-clips if it wasn't safe. But, then again, why not come up with a better solution?

So, my question: Has anyone bought & used the Low & Mean spring for their Stateline? And, if so, are you happy?

And/Or has anyone had their spring chopped 1"?

Roger, do you have any spare springs around to chop and swap?

·
MC Shop Owner/Operator
599 Posts
No extra springs around here. Shoot I have the only VT in my area that I know of. I had a fury stop in on a road trip once for some oil but other than that nothing. I have used L&M quite a bit though and never have had an issue with fitment. Though i do recall reading somehwere else about the spring being loose as a goose on the stateline. Is the setup different from the sabre? I know the fury is a little different but not much as fat as the spring design but I thought the sabre/stateline/interstate were the same. If not maybe they designed it for a sabre and list it for the stateline/interstate as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts