Honda VT1300 Forum banner

Power gain

4K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Earl83 
#1 ·
Put some parts on my bike and had it dyno tuned. Wanted to know if anyone else has and if so what mods have you made and what you ended up with from it. Just wanting to compare gains.

#3 ·
I've put the hard krome 2 into 1 sideburners, cobra powerflow intake with a k&n and the power commander V. Put it on the dyno and mapped it. I want to point out that stock is (58 hp) and (71 ft. lbs). I ended up (58.13 hp) and (73.69 ft. lbs). Bike looks good don't get me wrong but you can imagine I'm more than a little disappointed in my gain. That's why I want to know what others are coming up with and if anyone from Oklahoma can point me to a good dyno I would be grateful.

#4 ·
I'm doing a similar thing but I put Vance & Hines 2 into 1 Pro Pipe Chrome, Spike intake with K&N, Pair Valve Block off plates and removing all the EGR crap. I went with Cobra's new auto tuner. I put the pipes on and waiting on the block off plates to come in. Wanted to wait and do the other all at the same time since its all in the same area.

Don't know of any good dyno operators, but can ask around since we are practically neighbors.

#5 ·
Are you planing on having it put on the dyno. If you are please be sure to let me know what you find out. I spent $250 on the dyno and having it mapped and I think I got screwed. I didn't expect to gain twenty horse but I would of thought it would gain three to five horse and five to seven ft lbs. I'm going to talk to the guys at thunder cycle in oklahoma city see what they say about it.

#9 ·
No I'm not. Thats the reason for going with the auto tuner so I would not have that expense and hopefuly the CVT aspect will do better than a one time map job. Just have to use the seat of my pants to see if there is any difference. It may end up just being a placebo effect but I do a very short merge regularly into traffic doing 70, to 80 and have to go from 60 to 85 in pretty short distance. Thats what I am trying to improve and should be able to tell if the over $1,500 in performance mods makes any difference.

#11 ·
Looks and sound are a great plus. But if I'm not gaining any HP out of the deal then I find it very discouraging to buy the parts. Biggest reason I have cobra pipes on mine is because I laid the bike down. Was cheaper buying those than replacing the stock pipes. Looks and sounds great but I notice minimum or no power change.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.