Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poll --> Loudest Pipes ( Baffles in )
Choose which one makes the loudest pipes ( Baffles in ) for the VT1300 line.
Vance & Hines Twin Slash Slip-Ons38.11%
Rush Mufflers Full Exhaust System00.00%
Cobra Speedster Swept Exhaust1335.14%
Cobra Speedster Slash-Down Exhaust with PowerPort38.11%
Cobra 3 Inch Slip On Mufflers410.81%
VTXexhaust.com stock Mod00.00%
Hole saw exhaust Mod00.00%
Clayton Root Mod 6 Hole00.00%
Samson Warlord Streetsweepers12.70%
Hard-Krome sideburners616.22%
Cobra Slash Downs12.70%
Samson Warlord Slashers12.70%
Bub Jug Huggers513.51%

·
Registered
15 Posts
Organism Black-and-white Style Art Font

If your choice is not listed, enter it in a reply. I will add them to the list.
Then after it's been added, you can place your vote for the newly added pipes, so we get an accurate poll result.

Rectangle Font Picture frame Wood Art

Preliminary results of the " Loudest Pipes (Baffles in ) " POLL

The winner:

6 votes - " Cobra Speedster Swept Exhaust "

Runners up:

1 vote - " Vance & Hines Twin Slash Slip-Ons "

1 vote - " Cobra Speedster Slash-Down Exhaust with PowerPort "

1 vote - " Hard-Krome Sideburners "

1 vote - " Cobra Slash Downs "

1 vote - " Samson Warlord Slashers "

2 votes - " Bub Jug Huggers "

If you do not agree with these results and you think that
the " Cobra Speedster Swept Exhaust " is not the loudest out there, than pipe up m' 8 !

Attachments

·
Peace
630 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have them, but am looking into them for my Interstate. How about the Samson Warlord Streetsweepers.
http://www.samsonusa.com/115-959.html
Hi Mank

These straight pipes look nice. Lacking the O2 sensor hole, would mean what ? For the fuel controller ?
Did you find any sound file or You Tube clips for these pipes ?

·
Peace
630 Posts
Hi Mank

These straight pipes look nice. Lacking the O2 sensor hole, would mean what ? For the fuel controller ?
Did you find any sound file or You Tube clips for these pipes ?
I haven't found a sound clip of the pipes on our bikes yet. But no O2 sensor would be what I purchase since we dont have them. Ibelieve th California models would but not sure about that either. The Street Sweepers from what I have read, do have removable baffles, but the way they sound, they are being left in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't found a sound clip of the pipes on our bikes yet. But no O2 sensor would be what I purchase since we dont have them. Ibelieve th California models would but not sure about that either. The Street Sweepers from what I have read, do have removable baffles, but the way they sound, they are being left in.
Mank

Good to know about the O2 sensor, thanx m'8. Right, take the Baffs out and your into annoying.
But I guess the poll didn't stipulate - baffs or no baffs. On the look out for sound or youtube clips for this one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Uncle Mank

Your choice of Samson Warlord Streetsweepers has now been added to the loudest pipes poll.
Please place your vote for these pipes, so we can get an accurate poll result.

Thank You for your participation... . . . Rocky

Hard krome sideburners

·
Registered
15 Posts
Powerman

Your choice of Cobra Slash Down pipes has now been added to the loudest pipes poll.

Thank You for your participation.... . . . . Rocky

BTW, I have video clips of my stateline before and after install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Powerman

Your choice of Cobra Slash Down pipes has now been added to the loudest pipes poll.

Thank You for your participation.... . . . . Rocky

Powerman

Any chance you could provide the users to links for these 2 videos.
That would certainly spice up the Poll and keep things interesting.
Would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you need any help in uploading them.

Thank You for your participation... . . . Rocky
Here you go. Let me know if there are problems with the links.

STOCK

COBRA

·
Registered
15 Posts
Powerman

Your tube links work fine, much appreciated.

The Cobra Slash Down pipes are louder with a deep throaty sound, even at idle.

Nice job, and thank you .... . . . . Rocky

I have Samson Warlord Slashers and they are nice and loud. B)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The " Loudest Pipes ( Baffles in ) " Poll will soon be closed !

If you have not voted yet, get your vote in.
The preliminary results are posted at the top.

·
Peace
630 Posts
I just installed my Cobra Slash Downs last week and they sound great and plenty loud for me (and my Wife/Neighbors). Looking to do the Powerport and Fuel Management soon.
Powerman, Is your clip of the cobras with or without baffle? If they have the baffles in, then they sound damn good. That is one of the best sound clips I have ever heard. Damn dude, now you got me thinking about the Cobras again. Just when I thought I had my selection narrowed down, you had to go and throw awrench in the mix :p

·
Peace
630 Posts
I guess I should have updated this a month or so ago. But I went with the Bub Jug Huggers, marketed for the Fury, but just the same for our bikes. With the baffles in, they are loud and put a smile on my face. i have NO intentions of taking them out. It is loud enough for me as is. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Uncle Mank

A new entry, very interesting. Any chance you could provide a video clip of your bike ?

I checked out these You tube clips

How do they get the idle so low on these ?
DoooH . . . . . with the idle adjustment screw . . .
or maybe with a power / fuel management module ?

Honda VTX 1300 With BUB JugHuggers exaust & Big CIty Thunder Monster Baffles.

2007 Honda VTX 1300c bub jug huggers
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXKnmD0FBjs

Is your result comparable to these clips ? I assume you do not have the
" Big CIty Thunder Monster Baffles " and that you are using the " Sound reducing baffles ".

Could you shed some light on the Bub disclaimer --->

This product is designed for use on motorcycles with non-catalyzed exhaust and/or emissions systems.
to ensure the OEM motorcycle exhaust system does not/did not contain a catalytic converter.
Due to gaps in reporting, and limited access to catalyst exhaust application information on certain Motorcycles,
BUB Enterprises is unable to provide a comprehensive list of motorcycles with catalyzed exhaust and/or emissions systems.

Does the Stateline have a catalytic converter, ( catalyzed exhaust ) ?

I am going to wait and see if you have a video, or if you state that your result is the same as the aforementioned Youtube clips,
I am leaning towards my own vote going to the Bub Jug Huggers. Very nice sound. Chuga. Chug. Chug.

At any rate:

Your choice of Bub Jug Huggers has now been added to the loudest pipes poll.

Thank You for your participation..... . . . . Rocky

I guess I should have updated this a month or so ago. But I went with the Bub Jug Huggers, marketed for the Fury, but just the same for our bikes. With the baffles in, they are loud and put a smile on my face. i have NO intentions of taking them out. It is loud enough for me as is.

·
Peace
630 Posts
Uncle Mank

A new entry, very interesting. Any chance you could provide a video clip of your bike ?

I checked out these You tube clips

How do they get the idle so low on these ?
DoooH . . . . . with the idle adjustment screw . . .
or maybe with a power managment module ?

Honda VTX 1300 With BUB JugHuggers exaust & Big CIty Thunder Monster Baffles.

2007 Honda VTX 1300c bub jug huggers

Is your result comparable to these clips ? I assume you do not have the
" Big CIty Thunder Monster Baffles " and that you are using the " Sound reducing baffles ".

Could you shed some light on the Bub disclaimer --->

This product is designed for use on motorcycles with non-catalyzed exhaust and/or emissions systems.
to ensure the OEM motorcycle exhaust system does not/did not contain a catalytic converter.
Due to gaps in reporting, and limited access to catalyst exhaust application information on certain Motorcycles,
BUB Enterprises is unable to provide a comprehensive list of motorcycles with catalyzed exhaust and/or emissions systems.

Does the Stateline have a catalytic converter, ( catalyzed exhaust ) ?

I am going to wait and see if you have a video, or if you state that your result is the same as the aforementioned Youtube clips,
I am leaning towards my own vote going to the Bub Jug Huggers. Very nice sound. Chuga. Chug. Chug.

At any rate:

Your choice of Bub Jug Huggers has now been added to the loudest pipes poll.

Thank You for your participation..... . . . . Rocky
As of now, I do not have a video clip. I will be doing that in a few weeks. Waiting on getting other things done first. However, they do sound like the clips you have posted. The idle does seem to be a little bit lower than on our bikes though. They are carb'd where as we are injected. Over at the fury forum there is a guy that has found a mod to lower the idle a bit, but I am not to sure about the method he is using. Need to research it a bit more. I am also running my Bubs just the way they ship them. With the baffles in. I did not go for the quieter ones. Although after the wife rides with me this spring, she might complain about how loud they are :) Our bikes do not have cats either, so no worries there.
If you decide on the Bubs, I would get them from WESTEND MOTOSPORTS FOR $450 and they have them in stock. You have to order them for the Fury, they are still not listed for our bikes. No worries there either. They are the same for all four bikes. Let me know if you have any other qustions. You can also see pics in my gallery of them installed.

Reactions: Rocky
1 - 20 of 36 Posts