Honda VT1300 Forum banner

Passive Keyless Ignition

3K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  Attiq 
#1 ·
Just finished the install of a PKE universal car system into my Stateline. No key needed anymore! Just have the fob in my pocket and as I get near the bike the ignition unlocks! Turned out super slick! $60!!!

#2 ·
NOPE NOPE FULL OF NOPE.......

You are going to have to undo all of that........... AND THEN you are going to redo all of it wiring and setup and all also letting us know what parts and brands you used with video......... So I can see how you did it and steal the id....... Excuse me tell you what a wonderful idea you have had.

#3 ·
Product Font Parallel Rectangle Engineering

I mounted the module in the plastic trim just behind the headset bearings, it fits right in the bottom half with a little soft foam to sandwich it in tight. I relocated the stock ignition switch behind the right side trim panel (opposite the battery) You dont need to do that, I did it as a safety backup incase the PKE module ever breaks, I wont be stranded. I can just pop off the side cover and use the key that mounts inside the fob as a "back up". But if you want you can just eliminate the switch. Red goes to the hot wire that went to the ignition switch. Brown and white (or can cut off white) both go to the other wire leaving the stock ignition switch. Stock switch is just 2 wires, crazy simple. Black goes to ground, there is one just below the radiator cap. Blue can be cut off, its an ACC wire, I used it to power a digital voltmeter. And yellow goes to the starter relay, I believe its a yellow/green wire at the relay. Of the lite gauge wires, all you need is the brown and the pink. Brown goes to the trigger wire for the brake light, its in the head light housing. Pink is the ground trigger for the beeper, I mounted mine under the seat so it wouldnt be to loud. I also only plugged in one PKE antenna to help keep it short range. You only need the bike to detect you within 3-5 feet or so.
Rectangle Slope Schematic Font Map

#6 ·
Its just a car push button ignition system. And like most modern push button ignitions they require you to step on the brake in order to start the car. I chose that spot because I could tie in right inside the bucket then run the wire straight out the back to the plastic trim between the headset and the fuel tank. That trim is where I mounted all my addons. It houses the PKE system and the auto canceling turn signal system (which btw is AWESOME) self canceling signals are the BEST mod ever!!!! However, the PKE system offers like 3 different ways to start it and one of those doesn't use the brake, so technically it isn't 100% needed.
Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Tire

#12 ·
I really do like this.. And I really do wish you'd made a video of it. I love reading and I love books but as soon as someone writes instructions my brain goes to mud and I cant do anything lol. I read your how to and

Brain Explosion GIF - Brain Explosion GIFs

ExplosĂŁo Sticker - ExplosĂŁo Stickers
A few months after making this post I changed the system up little bit. I replaced it with a newer system that cost about $30 more. The advantage being the new one comes with a smart phone app that allows me to control the bike from my phone and not just the fob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.