Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, before I get started...

Thanks to whomever finally validated me, I'm somebody now!! I guess my frantic messages finally got through to the right person!

Now, moving on.

The Details;

2011 Interstate, 16K miles.

Cobra Speedster Slashdown Exhaust

Cobra Intake

PCV

92 Octane ethanol-free ONLY.

Tried the tune found elsewhere here, and while it works ok I noticed that occasionally (but not every time) when I roll off the throttle to slow down from 70 or so the engine...hesitates...

No exhaust noise, just dead for 2-3 seconds, then things go back to normal.

I was running the PCV ver. 7 tune previously and didn't notice that ever happening. Might it have something to do with the "cruising" part-throttle settings of the current tune?

There's a local shop with a dyno that does PCV tunes but to be honest I don't know if I care enough about wringing every last drop of performance out of a bike not really meant for that, especially if I can just tweak this one.

Or maybe I should just go back to the V7 tune and quite being a pedantic twat... :)

Anyway, good to be here!

·
Administrator
5,023 Posts
Welcome to the forum Arby, I'm Bob, I'm the moderator here and have some authority (But I'm not much more than the janitor!) to aid in activation. I usually get a notice of some problem somewhere, and I then need to contact an administrator to actually fix that problem. I guess the Admins are busy with other forums and don't jump on our requests as fast as they used to years ago. There seems to be an odd issue here somewhere for new members to join, too many hoops I guess.

So I was wondering when you were going to jump in a drop a post. I feared that you had given up and headed for the door with all of the snafu on your activation.

Other than me having just the K&N element in my stock air cleaner, we basically have the same pipes, PC-V and run the same gas. You didn't mention if your bike has had the pair-vale mod done. and did you mean to say that you've tried the 2-Dirty map for the PC-V?

Sorry for all the questions, but did you buy the bike new, or used with these mods already done? Has it always had these problems? Does the bike ever backfire when the engine resumes? What do the lights on the gauge do, if you have noticed? Have you ever pulled in the clutch when the engine goes silent to see if it comes back without the help of being bumpstarted at speed?

Any other mods to the engine?

Stay safe down there in Houston! ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum Arby, I'm Bob, I'm the moderator here and have some authority (But I'm not much more than the janitor!) to aid in activation. I usually get a notice of some problem somewhere, and I then need to contact an administrator to actually fix that problem. I guess the Admins are busy with other forums and don't jump on our requests as fast as they used to years ago. There seems to be an odd issue here somewhere for new members to join, too many hoops I guess.

So I was wondering when you were going to jump in a drop a post. I feared that you had given up and headed for the door with all of the snafu on your activation.

Other than me having just the K&N element in my stock air cleaner, we basically have the same pipes, PC-V and run the same gas. You didn't mention if your bike has had the pair-vale mod done. and did you mean to say that you've tried the 2-Dirty map for the PC-V?

Sorry for all the questions, but did you buy the bike new, or used with these mods already done? Has it always had these problems? Does the bike ever backfire when the engine resumes? What do the lights on the gauge do, if you have noticed? Have you ever pulled in the clutch when the engine goes silent to see if it comes back without the help of being bumpstarted at speed?

Any other mods to the engine?

Stay safe down there in Houston! ;)
Thanks!

I note they are the same color as well... because you have great taste!!

Yes, the 2-Dirty map, unsure on pair valve modification (Haven't checked). Bought it used, mods already done, which saved me a boatload of coin! Haven't noticed a backfire, nor any gauge issues but have not had the presence of mind to try the clutch test.

No other mods that I am aware of.

I'm 99.9% sure it's the tune, given the parameters at part throttle, it was just odd to me that no one else experienced it. (I read everything I could find here before I asked the question.)

I'm going to reflash to the v7 tune and see if it goes away. If so I might edit the 2dirty tune to the v7 part-throttle numbers but leave idle and WOT as they are and see what happens.

Now to work on the well-established buffeting issue... :wacko:

·
Administrator
5,023 Posts
Ahhh the buffeting problem, not a big issue with Sabre owners.

I know I've read through tons of posts chasing that beast. As I recall some folk have beaten it down to a bearable level swapping out windshields, adding fairings, fairing lowers and / or crash bars having the wind chaps installed. I'm not sure if there was ever a definite formula or remedy recorded to the problem.

My little windscreen is just enough for me in fair weather, totally worthless otherwise, other than looking nice IMO.

As for the color, I was about to buy a black Sabre at my local shop, but then I saw the red one glimmering in the sun on another dealer's showroom floor, done deal ;)

There is a guy over on FaceBook that has shared his PC-V map, I've been meaning to snag a copy of it one of these days to give it a try, but so far the 2-Dirty map has given me 50 MPG and (I'm guessin') about eight years of grins on my face.

Let us know how the blending of maps go, and maybe post up the numbers.

Later...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts