Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking good. who did you get to do the chrome on the rims?
It's a chrome wheel exchange called mychromecreations.com out of Pelham, Alabama. It's nice because you don't send yours in and wait to get them back. I ordered them on Friday, May 13. Received them on Friday, May 20. Had them installed on Tuesday, May 24. And sent my OEM to them on Thursday, May 26. to get my deposit back. All in 2 week time period. I had a very good experience dealing with them. My dealer even called them with a question and commented that they seemed to be very competent and helpful.

·
Peace
630 Posts
would be cool to paint the grooves in the wheels the same color as your bike
I been talking to a buddy of mine about doing just that. I just can't decide on weather or not I want to chrome the wheels or get some aftermarket ones.

·
Peace
630 Posts
Yeah. I have seen that done and I think it would look nice. I am going to take a break on spending my money for awhile. (Yeah, right). I don't want to add up all the stuff I have already done :blink:
How rude of me, I thought I had already complimeted you on the wheels, and see that I have not. :( They DO look great and set the bike off just right. B)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
$745.00 plus $50.00 shipping for your new wheels. Then they charge you a $600.00 deposit that is returned to you when they receive your old wheels (in good condition). That makes for a short turnaround: you're not waiting for your original wheels to get there, get chromed and get mailed back to you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I really like the wheels. Well done. What I would find interesting is how they would look with just the ring in chrome and the inners in black. I think that would go with the theme on the Interstate, which seems to be chrome and black outside of the tins.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really like the wheels. Well done. What I would find interesting is how they would look with just the ring in chrome and the inners in black. I think that would go with the theme on the Interstate, which seems to be chrome and black outside of the tins.
Yeah, I think that would be neat, too. I kind of wanted to find a place to do them in black chrome. Now that would be way cool. FYI, there's a new radiator cover out that is more "chromier" than the one I put on. I originally though, "shoot, shoulda waited", but like you say I like the black to chrome contrast so I'll be sticking with the Cobra one I put on there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts