Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Thanks for the info, would like to see some actaully installed on an Interstate and some feedback from actual use. Hopefully someone will dive in and get one and then report back. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Would be nice if they atleast had some pictures on their site, curious if the sheild has the blinker cut outs and what it looks like

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm a bit unclear on how you measure your stock shields. We have increased the cutout around the headlight to let in more air, this is a key part of reducing noise, turbulence and back pressure. But that means measuring the shield from cutout to top doesn't compare. The stock shield is 27" overall, lowest point on bottom to highest point on top. Our shield has the same bottom edge and the same turn signal cutouts. The shield looks basically stock except the cutout for the headlight is increased a bit, and ours are taller. We expect to have pictures up in a couple days. We'll be making these in three sizes:

Medium = 28.5" overall, +1.5" over stock.
Large = 30" overall, +3" over stock.
XLarge = 31.5" overall, +4.5" over stock.

This is a bit different than the specs above, we're just now finalizing the sizes based on the heights and pants inseams of our testers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great to hear Quigley, Im thinking very hard about the 7.5 one, so when you get yours, I would appreciate a full report.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mark,

does the sheild hold the same angle as the stock "custom" sheild that comes on the interstate, I just went and sat on and measured mine, and at 31.5" it seems exactly what I am looking for. It depends on the angle that it holds. I am one of the few that prefers to look through the sheild instead of over it, but I dont want to have to slouch in order to. I am roughly 5'8" and the stock shield just isnt cutting it. Seriously riding the fence on waiting for pictures or just ordering one.

OCB

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Great to hear Quigley, Im thinking very hard about the 7.5 one, so when you get yours, I would appreciate a full report.
+1 I would like a good review as well. Thinking this might be my next upgrade.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So the Large for the VT1300 will be plus 3 inches. i did a bit of a mock up on my bike...and for me that will be perfect so I can still see over the top of the Wind Shield. I'll post some pics and a review once I get it installed.

Can;t wait...the wind noise and buffeting is still a bit annoying (although better with the lower deflectors)

·
Cheryl
40 Posts
I agree. The lowers made a big difference for me on the turbulence. I am also very interested in the new windshields. Can wait to see what you think.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So in preparation fro installing the new shield...I took the stock one off and went bombing around town :ph34r:

Holy crap was that fun. Windy as hell...but the bike just seemed so much more agile.

·
Registered
30 Posts
DAMN!! pins and needles dude. I have started to order it twice now, but have decided to wait until I know what you think. Canuk eh, not much of a riding season up that way is there? Here in Texas, I ride almost year round.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We get about 7 months a year in...but definitely not year round. The weather here was amazing in the spring. I started riding in mid March !

It should only take about 20mins to mount on the brackets and install...so I'll post a review as soon as I take it for a spin...and pics as well.

It cleared customs on the 9th...so I expect to see it today or tomorrow

DAMN!! pins and needles dude. I have started to order it twice now, but have decided to wait until I know what you think. Canuk eh, not much of a riding season up that way is there? Here in Texas, I ride almost year round.

·
Cheryl
40 Posts
Hey Quigley,
What seat do you have on your bike? I noticed you have a back rest and I am in the market for not only the windshield but to get a back rest added.

Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
1 - 20 of 70 Posts