Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure a lot of you who have ridden more than an hour have noticed that the stock seat SUCKS. I went online and looked at Corbin's seat that they had for the interstate. Its a bit pricy, but looks like it would suit my needs. http://www.corbin.com/honda/hv139dt.shtml. I was thinking about getting the seat and one back rest. I was just wondering if anyone else has one of these, and if they did, what do they think? Is it comfortable? Does it help increase ride time? What the durability like? I mean I would like to know before I dump some serious money on something I cant physically put my hands (or butt) on, till after the purchase. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
986 Posts
HondaRyder, I'm one of those crazies that still has my stock seat. Do a search for corbin on the forum, and several threads will pop up re after market seats, not just corbin. Happy hunting and reading.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I think any thing but the stock seat is an upgrade even a pillow where the seat was would be better. (Sorry Sanity) I think you will be happy with what ever you buy because the butt will be happy. I have the Mustang with back rest, but have read where others like the Corbin or ultimate seat better not sure why but everybody seems happier with anything but the stock.

I think anything is better then the stock seat so have fun looking around and let us know what choose.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have had a few corbins that I loved and a few that I hated , the ones I hated were on a VTX 1300 and one on a Bandit 1250 , The ones I loved were Corbin gun fighters on a 1400 S83 and a Marauder. I have liked all but one of my mustangs including the one I now have with the exception of the one on my old Road Star Just did not sit right for me.

Bandit

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have had both Corbin and Mustang I loved the Corbin Gun Fighter on my S-83 and did not care for the touring Corbin on my VTX. The Mustang on my VT1300 is super as it was on my VS 800 but sucked on my Road Star. From these observations the frame of the bike must greatly effect how good a seat sits. JMHO
Bandit

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a Mustang on my Shadow ACE and it was a great upgrade from the OEM. the day I got the Interstate I also got the Mustang seat. never rode it with the OEM seat. I ride every day for short periods of time, but at least twice a month we do day trips or 2 days trips and ride for hours at a time. up to 8 hours a day. LOVE my mustang seat. and since we discovered Mustang seats, my wife will only ride with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went with the Corbin for my 2013 interstate, and now have about 4000 miles on it. I like the look of Corbin better than the Mustang, but the Mustang might feel a little more comfortable.Based on it being more padding. I can now ride a couple of hours with no discomfort.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My bike had a mustang on it a lot like drhobbs and I spend hours on it and love it. My wife loves the backseat too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a Corbin on my 2012 interstate and had them move the seat 1 inch farther back to allow for more leg room, this also made more of a straight up and down transition to the passenger seat which offers some back support. The stock seat hurt my back but the Corbin feels great. It is a firm seat but offers great support.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anybody with a Mustang seat that is as "full figured" as me 6' 2" --315lbs--was wondering about enough room for all of me to fit comfrtable in it without being too much foward on the tank end, and how much higher does it set you up in the saddle ? Trying to find info before dropping ca$h on one !! Thanks !

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm 6'3", weighed about 270 when I got my Interstate (smaller now thankfully). I ordered the Mustang seat when I bought the bike, and only rode a week or so with the stock seat before the Mustang seat arrived. HUGE comfort difference though. I got the Mustang version with the Drivers back rest, as I crushed a disk in my lower back in a fall climbing Mt Rainier some years ago - the backrest makes it possible to ride long distances. I rode about 250 miles yesterday, Oregon to Seattle area, with 1 stop for gas, bathroom break & lunch. There's no way I could have done that with the stock seat.

I think the Mustang seat is slightly taller than stock - maybe an inch or so - and it pushed me forward towards the bars an inch or so too.

I've not seen it mentioned in this thread, but the aftermarket seats are MUCH, MUCH better for the passenger if you have one, even more so than the significant improvement for the driver. My son is planning to buy a Mustang seat for his Shadow 750 for his girlfriend's comfort.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, I may try to go the stock seat with more padding or memory foam,can't stand to go any futher foward and with the 3in risers being put on this week wanted to see where my hind end would be setting in a little more laid back position, thanks it's only a few bucks to experiment with the stock seat and may have to go eventually with the aftermarket ones,haven't heard anyone in a larger size report on the ride and sitting of the Corbin except the firmness of them,!! Thanks !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts