Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I picked up the Kuryakyn Ellipse mirrors and the Universal Cupholder over the weekend. My album in the gallery has pics.

I have to say that I am very pleased with both products so far, especially the mirrors. They stick out to the side another two inches for a better behind view and the shape accents the bike a little better than the rubber framed rectangle that the OEM provides.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I just bought cheep $15 ovals for mine, the square corners on the stock mirrors just don't match the bike, I also didn't want to lower my field of view. So far the chrome on these mirrors has held up fine, even with all the bug splatter down here in Florida.

·
Registered
426 Posts
... even with all the bug splatter down here in Florida.
Amen!!! I sprayed some Rain-X on my windshield the other day and they just wipe right off now.
Should have sprayed some on my sunglasses too B)

Great pics - the mirrors look sharp. Trying to decide what to trade replace my rectangles with. Thx for sharing sk8r

·
Registered
82 Posts
BigSk8r, does the cupholder touch the tank when making a hard left, as in parking lot hard left? I've notice the underside of my bars have nipped my tank on a couple of occasions and have been looking for cup holder, but it looks like it might touch. Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BigSk8r, does the cupholder touch the tank when making a hard left, as in parking lot hard left? I've notice the underside of my bars have nipped my tank on a couple of occasions and have been looking for cup holder, but it looks like it might touch. Thanks.
Not at all. I went with the universal mount that goes on either side on the clutch or handbrake clamps. You can flip the mount to put it higher or lower, but I put it in the max height position and every cup I have tried misses by 1/4 to 1/2 inch. There is also a leather basket that snaps to the chrome ring that can be had for $10. I am thinking about getting it so I can just toss a Gatorade or a soda in there rather than worry with refilling the cup all the time.

On a related note, I actually had a lady pull up next to me at the BMV. She complemented the bike, and said she HAD to have a cup-holder for her husbands bike as well as hers. I let her look at the cup so she could write down Kuryakyn....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts