Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was supposed to pick her up today, but the people at my dealership apparently don't know how to place orders properly. I put the down payment on Thursday and they said it should be ready Monday night, Tuesday the latest.

I have been anxious all weekend. I am so excited to pick it up. I bought my first motorcycle, a 2000 Ninja 500R, a year and few days before I went in to purchase the Sabre, a new 2010 with ABS - in black, of course.

I can't wait to post back up here when I pick her up!

Thanks to everyone on this site who has been posting, I already learned a lot about the bike and it's not even here yet.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was supposed to pick her up today, but the people at my dealership apparently don't know how to place orders properly. I put the down payment on Thursday and they said it should be ready Monday night, Tuesday the latest.

I have been anxious all weekend. I am so excited to pick it up. I bought my first motorcycle, a 2000 Ninja 500R, a year and few days before I went in to purchase the Sabre, a new 2010 with ABS - in black, of course.

I can't wait to post back up here when I pick her up!

Thanks to everyone on this site who has been posting, I already learned a lot about the bike and it's not even here yet.
keep us posted..its normally not like a honda dealer to keep their customer waiting...I know mine dont

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
well, my fuel pump went out and my bike is in the shop until next Tuesday at least. I went down to have a face to face chat with them today (since they never would return my phone calls) and they said that the fuel pump on my 7 month old bike might not be covered by the warranty, because I might have let the bike sit over the winter and old gas might have screwed up the pump. I live in Florida and drove my bike almost all winter. The BS is getting thick.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear about that Aethelwolf. That's probably your dealership more than Honda. Anywhere else you can try?

On a positive note, I picked up my Sabre last night. It's just incredible. The seating position is even better than I remembered from the test ride. (Probably has something to do with riding my Ninja 500 around that day and feeling weird on the Sabre.)

She sounds great, feels great, and looks great. I'm sure you all have been through this, but this morning I just had to open the garage door just to see her one more time / make sure it was really there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sumbit a complaint to Honda Corporate. They dont take kindly to Dealers that screw up their reputation. I had a similar problem when I took my Fury in for its 600 mile check up. I droped it off to the dealer (not the one I purchased from) on a Friday morning and picked her up that evening. They had to adjusted the valves but cocked one of the seals. I stoped at a gas station and noticed I was leaking oil and took her back. They gave me some BS about not having the parts to fix it, but if I came back on Monday they could take care of it. I was going out of town on a business trip the following week so I droped her off and picked her up that Thursday. Meanwhile I wrote a letter to corporate. When I went to pick her up the dealer was offering me free oil changes and offering to do all kinds of stuff. Needless to say I havent been back.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congrats on your Sabre. Excellent color choice B)

As for you trouble with the dealership I would definately contact Honda on this. I keep in very close contact with my dealer, I have purchased 4 bikes from the same shop over the years and have the Shop owner and Manager personal numbers in my cell phone. It sucks that you are having problems. I would go absolutely ape sh_t on my shop if they f_cked my bike up and tried to say it was my problem. Keep us posted.

Sorry your thread got hijacked here, Post a pic of your new sabre and ride safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congratz... that's what i see in my garage too :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts