Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Peace
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now it's raining, so I dont think I'll be tacking any pics. But as soon as the sun comes back out, and I can get the bike washed up from yesterdays ride, I'll take a few and post them. Although, that might be next week with my work schedule. I will say though. I am very pleased with the way the Corbin seats me on the bike. I have sat on a few Mustang seats before and did not like the way they threw my rear-end forward. Being 6'4" I need all the leg room I can get. I only had to adjust once during our 140 - 160 mile ride. Which only consisted of one stop for about and hour an mother-in-laws.
Even my wife didn't reposition herself near as much. Her only problem was sliding forward a bit eaiser than the stock seat. I am hopping this is just due to lack of break in time. Corbin says about 1500 miles for breakin.
I am ever so looking forward to the rides coming up with the better weather on the way. More miles and less stopping.

Reactions: joe w.

·
Registered
593 Posts
6.4 man, you might be too big for this bike. Everyone I know that big is riding 1700 through 2000 cc bikes. I'm 5.10 and this bike fits perfect. I had a 2010 Honda 750 phantom which was a real nice bike before my Interstate, but it was too small for me. If I ever get another women, I'll get the Phantom for her. You can put the blacked out version of the Cobra intake and pipes on that and it looks real hot. The Phantom would make a great Ladies bike.

Bikes are one of those things you'll never be happy with unless you get the right size for your body. Too many folks buy too big or too little and their bikes end up staying in the garage.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Boy, Aethelwolf,I am sure you didn't mean it this way, but as a 5'8 female owner of a 2011 Interstate I don't think I will ever ride a Phantom 750. And I hope Uncle Mank isn't thinking he needs to get a larger bike just because he is 6'4. Know what I mean ;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
At 5.8 your in there for the Interstate. My point with the size thing is most people don't think about it when they shop for a bike. I know some big boys that make my Interstate look dinky when they sit on it, hell I made one guy get off because I thought he might squash the thing. I sure am glad some folks are still making large (1600+cc) bikes otherwise there would be a lot of really big people sidelined. :rolleyes:

·
Peace
631 Posts
Hopefully, Today I can get a few pics posted of the seat. Again, I am really happy that I went with Corbin and not Mustang. I find it is definetly the seat to go with. Even at 6'4", but only 200lbs :) (all bone and no meat)the bike fits me well. I do plan on adding engine gaurds with cruise pegs to maximize comfort.

·
Peace
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where did u get ur seat and how much
I got my seat through my Honda dealer. He is also a dealer for Corbin amonst other companies. I got it for 407 and change. He gave me a great deal and a lot better than buying directly from Corbin.

·
Peace
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, So, Finally I got some pics of my Interstate up with the new Corbin seat. Also added are the Hondaline Engine Gaurds, Rear Carrier and Tall Backrest.
What do ya think?

Reactions: james

·
Registered
593 Posts
Looks real good, You can go to Tandy Leather online and buy some conchos or studs to install on your bags to match the seat. Also get some highway pegs for your engine guard. I hardly ever have my feet on the floorboards anymore.

·
Peace
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks real good, You can go to Tandy Leather online and buy some conchos or studs to install on your bags to match the seat. Also get some highway pegs for your engine guard. I hardly ever have my feet on the floorboards anymore.
I have been looking at the idea of some studs along the bottom of the bags for a finishing touch, but not quite sure how they would do with the plastic behind the leather? Have you you done this? And Cruise pegs are definetly on the list.

·
Registered
593 Posts
yeah, I have some conchos on my bags (not studs). Conchos screw on. you have to drill through the bag to the inside. I put locktight on the screws and let them set up before riding the bike. I check them every now and then. There holding great. I'll get out and take a photo one of these days. The conchos are just a short term thing. My real (longer term) plan is to have the bags reapolstered with dark blue leather and have a design stiched into the leather in gold thread. Just haven't decided on a design for the stitching yet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I recently purchased a new Corbin seat and I love it. When I went to install it, I was having a problem trying to line it up on the left side. So what I did was I popped off the grommet on the left hand side of the bike where the bolt is attached and problem solved and installation was easy!!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a Corbin seat on my 2012 interstate and had them move the rider portion of the seat back 1 inch to give me more leg room and reach for the bars, I'm 6 feet tall weigh about 215. I do like to seat much better than the stock seat, gives a little back support also and my girlfriend on the back really really likes it. was definitely a pricey addition at 500 bucks...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts