Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just installed the Honda part ,Lower cowl spoiler , with LED lights, fits the stateline, fairly straight forward install ,only problem being that the lights are not powering up. I have checked and have power to the module and the lights work if I disconnect one side and take the common lead to ground. This part had been on order for 7 months ,just wondering if anyone has this LED light pkg. installed on there bike or has heard of problems with them. Of course it's going to go back to the dealer for exchange if and when they can get a replacement as they are still on back order. Thanks. :blink: .

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok found problem,being that the instructions don't even hint that there is a grounding wire , they show it as being plugged back into the hot lead . Anyway cut the end off of the green male plug ( that doesn't sound good ) that you have routed to the fuse box and attach a round wire end , attach this to the ground terminal which is located under the seat. Good to go. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
I need pictures of this lower cowl. I tried to find all the info on it but struck out. Where are you finding this item? Where did you get it?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The lower cowl spoiler is a Honda part, the LED light kit is Part # is HM- 08F72-MFW-110 $299.95 ($Can.), the spoiler is Part # HM-08F72-MFR-300A $229.95 ($Can.) . The dealer gave me a $500.00 credit when I bought the bike , so I ordered the 2 pcs. Honda doesn't list it as fitting the Stateline or Interstate only the Sabre ?, fits the Stateline perfect. I'm still working on getting a pic. uploaded . :unsure:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts