Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the Mustang Wide Tourer on my Stateline but I think it would look bulky on the Sabre. You should look into the Mustang Day Tripper, Somebody on here said they had one but never posted pics. I think the day tripper would look pretty good on a Sabre.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
I had my seat at meancitycycles too, MUCH, MUCH better. I could post a pic, but my seat looks the same as it did. They removed my cover, removed factory foam and installed memory foam and put stock cover back on.

You could get a custom cover too, I just stuck with the stock look.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
@whynot - Did you have them do the passenger seat too?
No I didn't, I don't have a passenger very often. They can make the passenger seat much nicer too though, thicker, softer, wider, just about what ever you want done.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
@whynot - Did you have them do the passenger seat too?
No I didn't either. But he can do anything you want, you make an appointment for a date, your responsibility to get it to him by that day, he does it and sends it right back so there is very little down time. Here is a pic, can't tell the difference from stock till you ride on it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone installed the daytripper from Mustang? Are there pics? What makes them better than the stock seat? (Which gives me a huge pain in the tailbone after an hour).
Rnie, Perth, Aus

·
Registered
41 Posts
well just got my new mustang seat on so i slapped it on! installation was really easy and simple!! which is the way us dumb folks like it! The only problem I had was getting the right side battery cover on and off as it hits the cobra exhaust i have. after some "convincing" it went on in. i wish i could be a little shorter but i guess all that amazing comfort has to come from somewhere... anyway here are some pics please ignore my dirty shop

comments are appreciated!!! anyone know what i should do with the stock seat? maybe someone would ike to buy it and send it to be worked on that way they don't have to do without a bike for a week or two??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Put a daytripper on the wifes sabre. Believe it when they say 'day' trip. She found it better than the stock seat, which was hard on her tailbone, but after a couple long days in the seat she was having lots of pain with the Mustang. They look good, but we put on around 2500 miles last week and we really had to cut our days back because she couldn't ride long. Gonna try the wide touring seat I guess, personally I don't like the looks of them but comfort has to come first. Sorry no pics right now.

·
Peace
630 Posts
Put a daytripper on the wifes sabre. Believe it when they say 'day' trip. She found it better than the stock seat, which was hard on her tailbone, but after a couple long days in the seat she was having lots of pain with the Mustang. They look good, but we put on around 2500 miles last week and we really had to cut our days back because she couldn't ride long. Gonna try the wide touring seat I guess, personally I don't like the looks of them but comfort has to come first. Sorry no pics right now.
Before you order the mustang wide touring seat, you should look into the Corbin seat. I put one on mine and love it. I ride ALL day and I feel like I could keep going. The wife agrees, it is much better over stock, but after being out all day, shes ready to call it quits. For the passenger, it is not quite as good as the rider, but all in all its a thousand times better than stock.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just got my stock seat back from mean city cycles. I'll be trying it out later this week (just got it out of the basement yesterday...who would have thought I'd be riding. in march. in wisconsin.

·
Peace
630 Posts
March in Wisconsin? You MUST be riding around the basement! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts