Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Stateline for about 6 months and really want to change the exhaust.

Is it possible to use any exhaust from the vt line? including the Fury?

Has anyone had any luck modifying their current exhaust to make it louder? Baffle removal etc...

Thanks,

Travis

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had my Stateline for about 6 months and really want to change the exhaust.

Has anyone had any luck modifying their current exhaust to make it louder? Baffle removal etc...

Thanks,

Travis
All the mounting brackets could be different so depends on how good you are at fabing parts.
I am sure if you look there are some made for your bike.

You also might contact VTX exhaust if you don't mind the looks of the stockers.

http://www.vtxexhaust.com/customerbikes/customerbikes.php

·
Registered
4 Posts
The guys from VTXexhaust.com do the Fury exhausts (modified OEM), pretty sure the Stateline uses same pipes.

Thanks,

Travis

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have black cobra swepts on mine and love them. They were quiet at first so I removed the baffles and now they sound awesome. Need to add an FI tuner to it now though. Its on the list for winter projects. Ive always put cobras on my bikes and have always loved the look and sounds of all.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my Stateline and had the Cobra pipes and FI2000R installed before i even picked the bike up from the dealership. I am very impressed with the sound and look and highly recommend that set up. I will soon be adding the Cobra intake as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm also looking to change out my exhaust but I'm not sure whether or not to put a power comander on or not.. Most of the people I've talked to say that the bike will adjust itself and that it's not necessary. Maybe I'll just change the pipes and if they sound like junk I'll add the Fi200r. Any suggestions on removing the stock baffles?

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you do the VT1300exhaust.com mod you do not need a fuel processor. Bike runs fine on stock computer settings.

I'm also looking to change out my exhaust but I'm not sure whether or not to put a power comander on or not.. Most of the people I've talked to say that the bike will adjust itself and that it's not necessary. Maybe I'll just change the pipes and if they sound like junk I'll add the Fi200r. Any suggestions on removing the stock baffles?

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
I didn't remove the baffles, but I did drill two more holes in the end. I drilled two 1/4" holes in each one of the baffle ends, it's a little louder. I will probably do more drilling or remove the baffles, but I want to ride it a couple times before making more changes and it's been around 40-45 degrees and raining all week.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
I have a set of www.vtxexhaust.com www.vt1300.com mufflers being sent to me tomorrow. I will let you all know what I think.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Hey Whynot, Get those pipes from vtxexhaust yet? Just wondered how they sound.
Yeah, I tried them. I really liked the sound, but a tad to loud for my liking and due to not removing the pair valve, I was getting a lot of popping on decel, so I ended up sending it back. They make a good exhaust, I just wasn't ready to remove the pair valve at the time, which I'm sure was the cause of the popping. I have since removed the pair valve from my bike, but have not tried any exhaust yet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts