Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys like those bags that come on the interstate? I am putting a set on my stateline. I dont like the fact that you cant lock them but I like how snug they fit to the fender and the room inside. They are perfect for the bike in my opinion. Any wear and tear problems I should know about?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey Abbotdog. It is true that while I like the sleek look of these bags and how close they are to the fender they are narrower than the bags that were on my Suzuki C50. But those bags did look a bit "clunkier" if you know what I mean. I, too, wish they locked. But another nice advantage is not having to snap the front, snap the back, AND twist the toggle in the center every time you open and close them. My husband (notorious for leaving his undone) wishes he had these bags for that reason.
I haven't noticed any wear and tear issues.
BTW, are you also going to put floor boards on your "project"?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure yet. I probably should have just bought an interstate and took the windshield off but oh well, I will build my own. After the bags my next big ticket items are new bars and a batwing fairing. I would like floorboards but I have other things I want done first.

·
Registered
82 Posts
They have a tendency to fade. I treated mine frequently, but eventually had to add a black lanolin treatment, which made them look like new. Aethelwolf, ya got me thinking about reupholstering now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, now I have the bags on and I have another question. Anybody else have an issue where your bag (when open) will hit the bottom button head bolt for your sissy bar backrest and put a little indentation in the bag? I know its not that big of a deal but its actually driving me nuts. Im at the point now where I will only open bags just enough so they dont hit that bolt. Anybody else?

·
Registered
593 Posts
yup, that happens with the sissy bar, when I get mine reapolstered I'm going to see if I can have a metal button or cap put on that spot. I have concho's installed on my bags now, need to get a photo of them, a concho on that spot would fix the problem too.

·
jms412
112 Posts
Hey Abbotdog, Can I ask where you got your bags and how much? I also bought a Stateline and should have bought an Interstate instead. I have already put a windshield, driving lights, engine guard, backrest with luggage rack, and a mustang seat. The main reason for a Stateline is dealer had a good deal on the 2010 Stateline (black or red) and only had the black interstate in 2011 (with no $1500 rebate). I looked at the bags and to me I didn't like the fact that I couldn't lock them and also I didn't like it hitting th sissy bar every time you opened them. Now that I have the bike I don't think it matters what kind I put on it will hit the sissybar. The dealer told me the interstate bags are about $1000. Alittle high for my blood.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
yup, that happens with the sissy bar, when I get mine reapolstered I'm going to see if I can have a metal button or cap put on that spot. I have concho's installed on my bags now, need to get a photo of them, a concho on that spot would fix the problem too.
Best place I've found for conchos is ironbraid.com. twenty different colors and at least 3 styles. Used them several times now for conchos, keychains, zipper pulls, and get back whip.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I paid $1070 for mine installed. IMO they are the best bag for the stateline. I love how close to the fender they sit and they follow the lines really well. Worth every penny.

I got them from my dealer.
Great blacked out look with the exhaust and intake!

·
"Captain"
86 Posts
Not sure yet. I probably should have just bought an interstate and took the windshield off but oh well, I will build my own. After the bags my next big ticket items are new bars and a batwing fairing. I would like floorboards but I have other things I want done first.
That's exactly what I did. Trading the windshield for a Mustang seat.

Reactions: Captain Russ
1 - 13 of 13 Posts