Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody. You may have seen my post on the Introduce Yourself thread. But if not here's the deal. I will be picking up my 2011 Interstate sometime in the next week. I am trading in my 2008 Suzuki Boulevard Cruiser C50. I can't wait. And I am so glad I found this forum to read about what all of you have already learned about our wonderful bikes.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Hello everybody. You may have seen my post on the Introduce Yourself thread. But if not here's the deal. I will be picking up my 2011 Interstate sometime in the next week. I am trading in my 2008 Suzuki Boulevard Cruiser C50. I can't wait. And I am so glad I found this forum to read about what all of you have already learned about our wonderful bikes.
Welcome aboard, just got my 2010 Interstate last week, can't wait for the weather to break.

·
Registered
593 Posts
welcome folks, hope you have a lot of great rides on your new bikes. I bought my Interstate last summer and have over 5000 miles on it already

·
Registered
112 Posts
welcome...hope you enjoy your interstate as much as i have mine..not for behind ya wolf i just rolled over 4800 today

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So . . . I have been busy ordering stuff for my new Interstate that I don't have yet! I know I am crazy. Mustange seat should be here on Friday. I know I will like that since I put one on my Boulevard. And I ordered some Arlen Ness mirrors - excited to see those. Should be gettin my Interstate sometime this week. Also have a sissy bar coming on Wednesday to the dealer so I might just have them put that on since I have to work Wed. and Thurs. dayshifts. I'll keep ya posted! Also, if anyone has any tips on riding the Going To The Sun Road I'd appreciate them. We will be doing that in August.

·
Registered
593 Posts
the Honda highway lights are a great addition, their small but bright and they put the switch right under the tank by your left knee so you can switch them on and off on the fly. Add a battery tender, you can keep your battery topped off during down times and you can even plug heated riding gear and other items into the quick disconnect while on the road.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know what you mean about going crazy. Had mine since October and so far I've done Paint, Cobra exhaust system, Boogey lights, and Corbin seat. Enjoy the ride, you will be glad you upgraded to a new seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know what you mean about going crazy. Had mine since October and so far I've done Paint, Cobra exhaust system, Boogey lights, and Corbin seat. Enjoy the ride, you will be glad you upgraded to a new seat.
jabba that paint job is wicked sick ^_^ ^_^

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree that paint job is really sick... Welcome all new to the board and I hope you all enjoy your bikes as much as I do mine.

Just to talk about crazy I noticed today on the VTXOA that somebody is selling their 2010 interstate already, has 4000 miles and asking 8900 bucks. Now thats crazy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree that paint job is really sick... Welcome all new to the board and I hope you all enjoy your bikes as much as I do mine.

Just to talk about crazy I noticed today on the VTXOA that somebody is selling their 2010 interstate already, has 4000 miles and asking 8900 bucks. Now thats crazy.
holy testicle tuesday batman... that dude isnt right in the head

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey everyone. Here's my latest update: Picked up my Dark Metallic Red 2011 Interstate on Friday, 3/25. My Mustang Seat and Arlen Ness Mirrors came that day as well. Rode it home dodging rainstorms. Installed the seat and mirrors on Saturday and got a short ride in (rain again). I had 8 more days off and couldn't ride until yesterday, Sunday 4/3. We are having a wetter and cooler than normal March and April up here in North Idaho and it is driving us crazy! When it stops raining, the wind starts blowing. But . . . I love this bike! Way smoother ride than my Boulevard Cruiser. Also, this is interesting. A guy went into CDA Honda the night before and wanted to buy my bike, even tried to make an offer on it; but they told him it was sold. So he settled for the Black 2010 they had. The credit manager told me they aren't able to get any more 2011s at this time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey Kathy, where are the pics? I see you are in the Panhandle, if you haven't done it yet you need to make the ride down around Harrison to St Maries. Hope the weather clears up for you.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jabba, you read my mind. The pics are the next thing to come this way. Maybe on my days off Wed. and Thurs. But . . . of course, if it's nice - we RIDE!!! (P.S. It's raining right now.)
I have done the Harrison St. Maries ride. There are so many beautiful places to ride up here in the panhandle. But I am intrigued. Georgia is not the place where I would have expected someone to know about St. Maries!! Another good ride is along the Coeur d'Alene River to Prichard and Murray. We always do that on my birthday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Murray ride is a good one, I also would recommend the Priest River to Medaline Falls ride for some nice scenery. I grew up in Kellogg, the military found a need to put me in Georgia. Not as many mountains but plenty of back roads, so I can't complain (until the heat hits) Hope the weather cooperates for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts