Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but I sold it, I wasn't happy with the handling. That being said maybe I was a bit too harsh on it, since my main bike is a Buell Lightning Long which may be one of the best handling bikes ever made.
So I think I may have sold too quickly, because I miss the nice smooth ride and the 1300 engine with the cobra swepts had a nice rumble. Bottom line I'm looking to get another Honda!
My question is does the Sabre handle a little better than the Fury, I notice the trail is different between the bikes, I would really appreciate any opinions on the differences in handling between a Fury and a Sabre!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have an Interstate and have never been on either the Fury or the Sabre. I think the big issue for you is getting past the power and riding position of your Buell. A cruiser of any sort is a completely different beast. Less power and completely different riding position. I'm sure the Sabre, just by virtue of it's shorter forks will handle a bit better then the Fury. All the new Honda customs are longer bikes then most though and take some time to adjust too. Your not going to be able to take corners like you can on your Buell, but I have found on my Interstate that It does corner better then I thought it would when I purchased it. It's actually more forgiving then many shorter bikes I have owned in the past. You may want to concider a Stateline. The wider front tire puts more rubber on the road then the front tire of either the Fury or the Sabre. Just might not suit your taste if you like the looks of the narrow front tire.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have given more background, I have owned cruisers and sport bikes and standards since 2002,
Currently own a 2008 Fatbob, 2011 Triumph Speedmaster and the 2008 Buell Lightning, I will have to sell 1of them to afford a Sabre tho!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hell, I guess I would swap out the Fatbob for the Sabre scince it fills the same role as the Sabre in your lineup of bikes. I'm sure the Sabre will be better balanced then the Fatbob and give you a better ride. Fatbobs are nice cruisers, but with a higher center of gravity (CG) it is a bit top heavy. Not sure about the Fury, but Honda got the CG on all three of the VT1300 customs (Interstate/Stateline/Sabre) in the sweet spot. It's one of the reasons I bought the Interstate over a Harley. After test riding a number of Harleys (including a Fatbob) it became obvious to me that Harley didn't pay as much attention to the CG of their motorcycles as other bike manufacturers did.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ride an interstate, and have found it a bit challenging to get used to. One thing I've noticed is (with the stock seat), the "normal" riding position places you slightly forward of the c/g. I notice it a bit at higher speeds on wind direction changes (like swirling, passing trucks, etc)., the rear end gets squirly. But if I sit more upright (shifting my weight a bit back), it stabilizes and smooths things out immediately. The stock rear suspension has bottomed on me a couple of times, and is extremely soft with a passenger, so I'm wondering if that might have something to do with that behavior....dunno.

Randy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts