Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made up my mind and got the cobra slip on mufflers.I ordered them from pipecity.com for $269. I cant wait to hear them on my bike. :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
pretty sure you'll like the sound. Back when I got my cobra pipes there were no slip on's out yet for the VT1300's, Just the cobra pipes and that was it. Many of the slip on's sound just as good.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had a guy on a fury follow me home to ask what kind of pipes I was running. When I told him they were cobra slip one he said the sound alot louder and better then his copra fulls with the baffles removed. As he road away I would have to agree with him. You mad a good choice. I love mine. Best mod out there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a guy on a fury follow me home to ask what kind of pipes I was running. When I told him they were cobra slip one he said the sound alot louder and better then his copra fulls with the baffles removed. As he road away I would have to agree with him. You mad a good choice. I love mine. Best mod out there.
I have two weeks to wait for them. That's going to be a long two weeks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I have the Cobra slip-ons on my 2011 Interstate. They sound great, but I get a lot of backfiring on decel. I have the F12000r fuel controller installed, by the dealer, but it doesn't seem to help. Hope yours work out better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi. I have the Cobra slip-ons on my 2011 Interstate. They sound great, but I get a lot of backfiring on decel. I have the F12000r fuel controller installed, by the dealer, but it doesn't seem to help. Hope yours work out better.
I have not herd any one saying they had a back fire after they installed the fuel controller. Have you had them on long ? And do they do it every time you let off the throttle ? I hope you get yours straight ride safe

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have not herd any one saying they had a back fire after they installed the fuel controller. Have you had them on long ? And do they do it every time you let off the throttle ? I hope you get yours straight ride safe
I'm having the same issue with popping on decel and also installed the fi2000 fuel tuner with no change. Like the sound of the cobra slip-ons other then the popping sounds. Seems to get worse when riding in very warm temp.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I ordered my Cobra Slip-ons from www.cruisercustomizing.com back in May and had them in less than a week. I installed a Dobeck Techlusion Fuel Control System and have only a little popping on decel. I also have the Cobra Power-Flo intake. The Dobeck seems comparable to the Cobra fuel systems, but at a more reasonable price. :D

Gary

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered my Cobra Slip-ons from www.cruisercustomizing.com back in May and had them in less than a week. I installed a Dobeck Techlusion Fuel Control System and have only a little popping on decel. I also have the Cobra Power-Flo intake. The Dobeck seems comparable to the Cobra fuel systems, but at a more reasonable price. :D

Gary
Well sounds like I may have to spend more money. My wife will love to hear that..Is the popping loud ? like a back fire.I have a friend that works on bikes he said that if you take the negative battery cable off the computer would reset its self. You may want to try that..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Emailed cobra USA they said they should have plenty by end on month I can wait
You will be happy. Like I said earlier mine has popping on decel but it is just a slight popping and does not do it all the time. Only time it pops on decel if I'm really getting on the throttle and letting off quickly or down shifting fast in the gears. What is also nice with those pipes you are able to turn the end caps so you will have the slash down, up or to the side look. Agree with throb the slip-ons are louder in person than the sound clip from cobra's site.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
I modified my stock exhaust and was getting a lot of popping, I removed the pair valve set up, almost no popping now.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Ok newby here -pair valve-?? Little info please
Phats performance told me first sept. Now :(
http://www.vtcafe.com/cafe/topic/359-pair-valve-removaldisable/
Check this link, go to the 2nd post and click on the MY LINK, there is a full explanation and a link for ordering the block off plates and air hose plug.

Pair valve and solenoid is a device that burns/recycles any unburnt fuel, with an open exhaust there is not enough back pressure for the gases to be burnt and they ignite in your pipes making a backfire/pop. That's as good as I can explain at the time, been up since 3am and ready for a nap :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts