Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I'm the first guy to actually buy one. Really nice ride, just needs Corbin or Mustang to come out with a good aftermarket seat for it.

I've added the following since purchase

Breakaway throttle lock
Cobra air intake
Cobra slash down pipes
Cobra I2000R fuel management system
Sissy Bar
luggage rack
Engine guard
Alaska Leather Sheepskin seatpad
Tools and tool bag

Oh by the way with the Cobra kit it will rumble with the best of them and look better then most doing it.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like it alot, Rides like a Magic carpet and actually corners better then my 750 Phantom. I would post a photo, but for some reason admin wont let me or I'm just doing it wrong. Could be my rookie status.

with Cobra powerflow air intake, I2000R fuel management system and pipes, it sounds as good as any bike out there. It definitly fits it's name as it really doesn't want to be in the city, but on the open road.

The shield isn't the best, but right about 75mph is when the airflow over it puts you in the bubble and everything quites down. I think it was designed to hit the sweet spot at that speed and is why it was given the Interstate tag.

Good thing I live in Panama City Beach, FL. as there are countless miles of open highway just to the north off the beach.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guess I'm the first guy to actually buy one. Really nice ride, just needs Corbin or Mustang to come out with a good aftermarket seat for it.

I've added the following since purchase

Breakaway throttle lock
Cobra air intake
Cobra slash down pipes
Cobra I2000R fuel management system
Sissy Bar
luggage rack
Engine guard
Alaska Leather Sheepskin seatpad
Tools and tool bag

Oh by the way with the Cobra kit it will rumble with the best of them and look better then most doing it.
Where did you find your parts so far I have only found the Highway bars?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I found the parts at http://www.motorcyclesuperstore.com, but I had the dealer order and install them so they would be covered under the warranty. Most dealers can just type your bike into their computer and find just about any aftermarket parts your looking for that fit your make and model.

You can actually have the parts installed before you pick-up the bike and finance them along with your bike in most cases. In my case I had already ordered these parts for another bike which I traded in on the Interstate and the dealer just made the nessary changes and got the same parts to fit my new bike. The price was the same on all the parts, so it didn't cost me any extra as I had already paid for them.

PS: I have also added a light bar, battery tender and kuryakin offset footpegs. Have a mustang seat with backrest on order.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would love to post some photos, but haven't figured out how too yet. The insert image icon asks for a web page. Anyone want to give me a clue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Would love to post some photos, but haven't figured out how too yet. The insert image icon asks for a web page. Anyone want to give me a clue?
Easiest way to post pics in the forum is to open a "free" photo hosting account. Photobucket seems popular. I use it. Once you upload your photos there, just simply copy the "IMG Code" link and paste it into your post here

easy peasy ;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woot, the Mustang folks just called, seat is shipping today. Will post another photo when it's installed.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Can you post a pic of those saddle bags open? want to see inside and flip up direction. Also if you had a part number on those bags that would be sweet. Going to make my Stateline a Bagger this winter and want these bags installed.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The latch for the bags is behind the bag by the fender, they open up and in toward the fender. The bags open and close with ease after you get the latch down to muscle memory, but the bags don't lock.

I'm just using these until Corbin comes out with some beetle bags for it. I'll take a photo of the bags open soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts