Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the small greyish hose under the right hand side attached to the frame is? One day at work I noticed a blackish oily kind of puddle (not very big) under my bike that came from that hose. It seems to be an overflow hose for something.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
The small grey hose that comes out about where the rear right foot peg is, should be the fuel overflow. Hard to say without seeing it, but I to had about a nickel size spot one day and followed the hose back to the tank. What does the fluid smell like? Mine only did it once, I had a full tank and rode hard for about 10 miles in hot weather.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It did smell like fuel but had a black oil look to it. It was after using Seafoam in the gas so maybe the Seafoam cleaned up some gunk. The bike sat in the dealers for a good year so I threw in a few ounces of Seafoam into the tank.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Could be from the seafoam, could be the first time or a long time since something went all the way through it and there was gunk,dust,etc... in the line.

·
Peace
630 Posts
It did smell like fuel but had a black oil look to it. It was after using Seafoam in the gas so maybe the Seafoam cleaned up some gunk. The bike sat in the dealers for a good year so I threw in a few ounces of Seafoam into the tank.
OK,Just my 2cents worth, but why on earth would you use seafoam on a brand new bike? And as far as gunk build up; it just aint gonna happen. There is no way you had any build up of any kind.Also, I would definetly NOT use any kind of additive in these bikes. They have been modified to burn gas from a throttle body ie: fuel injection instead of a carburator. I am sure there might be a few that will disagree with me on this subject, but dude, save your money, you will gain nothing from an additvive of any kind. Especially those that say you will get better milage. It is just not true. Cost vs. results, you spend more money and gain nothing.
Just my 2cents :)

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
OK,Just my 2cents worth, but why on earth would you use seafoam on a brand new bike? And as far as gunk build up; it just aint gonna happen. There is no way you had any build up of any kind.Also, I would definetly NOT use any kind of additive in these bikes. They have been modified to burn gas from a throttle body ie: fuel injection instead of a carburator. I am sure there might be a few that will disagree with me on this subject, but dude, save your money, you will gain nothing from an additvive of any kind. Especially those that say you will get better milage. It is just not true. Cost vs. results, you spend more money and gain nothing.
Just my 2cents :)
I'd have to agree, I doubt a few ounces did much good or bad. With a bike that new and with so few miles on it, I'd just ride that sucker and do the recommended maintenance.

Probably not a good idea to be adding stuff with fuel injection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts