Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I installed the Honda passenger Floorboards on Saturday. Love the finished product but had one issue.

The left side passenger peg was installed so that you could not get the retainer pin out without cutting it off. Clearly, the peg was installed onto the saddlebag bracket prior to it being mounted to the bike. Since I was not going to undress the whole back half of the bike over one pin, I cut it off.

Despite that hiccup, the reviews from the users have been good... 40 year old banker wife and 10 year old horseback riding girl both approve!

·
Peace
630 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I installed the Honda passenger Floorboards on Saturday. Love the finished product but had one issue.

The left side passenger peg was installed so that you could not get the retainer pin out without cutting it off. Clearly, the peg was installed onto the saddlebag bracket prior to it being mounted to the bike. Since I was not going to undress the whole back half of the bike over one pin, I cut it off.

Despite that hiccup, the reviews from the users have been good... 40 year old banker wife and 10 year old horseback riding girl both approve!
Thanks for the input on the passenger floorboards. Do you have any pics you can post of them installed ?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input on the passenger floorboards. Do you have any pics you can post of them installed ?
I'm taking the bike in for 4,000 mile service this week, but may be able to during the riding course I am doing on Saturday.

·
Registered
195 Posts
There are photos added that show the floorboards in my gallery. Just click on the zoom and you can get a decent look. Even though my bike is filthy right now, I think they look pretty good.

·
Peace
630 Posts
There are photos added that show the floorboards in my gallery. Just click on the zoom and you can get a decent look. Even though my bike is filthy right now, I think they look pretty good.
I looked at the pics in your gallery. Looks really good, but I would wash that thing before I posted pics of it :) JK
Do you see any issues removing the side covers with the addition of the floorboards ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think the passenger floor boards on the Interstate complete the bike. Honda should have put them on to begin with. Oh and I agree with Uncle Mank wash that thing and to think you're Army. Actually I was expecting it to look like my bike, I turned the screen every angle trying to see some filth. Must be the lighting.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Those look great! The beerverage holder is a nice touch too!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked at the pics in your gallery. Looks really good, but I would wash that thing before I posted pics of it :) JK
Do you see any issues removing the side covers with the addition of the floorboards ?
I forgot to update on this. I had very little issue getting the covers off. I only took off the driver side one where the battery is though....

·
Peace
630 Posts
Hey, Thanks for the update. I still haven't decided for sure, but it looks like those are the boards for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts