Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can't make up my mind on what slip on mufflers to get. I'm thinking about the cobra's. I have watched the video's . I'm going to pull what little hair I have out. Any one have the cobra's on a stateline and like them. I have been researching this for two months now.. :unsure:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have the Cobra slip-ons on my Sabre and love the way they sound. If you go to the Cobra website there is a video of these mufflers. Just keep in mind they are a little louder than depicted, since the rider is soft pedalling the throttle. I can sneak out of my neighborhood quietly the times I have to go to work in the wee hours of the morning, but they do sound good when the throttle in opened up.
I've not heard the V & H in person, so I can't offer a comparison, but I can tell you the Cobra's are cheaper, and I had no problem mounting them on the bike myself.
Good luck with your decision,
Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good day Throb,

I bought the cobra swept full exhaust for my 2010 Vt1300CRA or stateline about 9 months ago.also bought the cobra chrome hypercharger and FI 1200 Fuel management system to suit.Best decision i ever did sounds great goes even better.

Braids

Wheel Tire Sky Land vehicle Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I can't decide what to get either. I don't know what you think your stock bike sounds like but my stock bike reminds me of a washing machine on spin cycle.

I recently purchased an Aero 750 for my wife that has Vance and Hines Slip ons and I like the way her bike sounds. I know different bikes are going to sound different but the Cobra Video shows a VT1300 with thier pipes but the rider is very easy on the throttle. He's going thru the gears like my sister. I want a deeper sound a roar not a blat blat that I hear on a lot of Yamaha's and Kaw's with Cobra's. I have not heard any Honda VT1300's with Vance and Hines.

I think I'll wait a while and see what others have to say. So far most posters on this site with new slip ons are just telling about backfiring/pair valve issues with advice to wait a while and let the bike work out the problem.

Of those of you that have only slip ons let us know how they sound and if you left the baffles alone and how long it took for the bike to work out its problem.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Okay, I could not wait any longer and ordered Vance & Hines Pro Pipe. I originaly reconciled myself to the fact that my Stateline's performance from 60 to 90 mph would be less than desirable. But after 2,000 miles and merging into traffic in that speed range I have decided to try and improve its response. I don't want to find out the meaning of Honda's old saying "You meet the nicest people on a Honda".

The Pro Pipe is a 2 into 1 and does not give the classic look of 2 pipes but should help out on performance with the addition of intake and tuner. The other bikes I haver herd this set of pipes on are loud but a bit rattely. Vance and Hines does have their Fuel Pak managment system out for the VT1300's but have not decided if I will go with their tuner. The reason for the 2 into 1 pipes was based upon the others I know that use them telling me they are more for performance and most people don't like the way they look, "the jap bike look".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts