Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST BOUGHT VT1300CT STARTING ON 3RD TANK. SECOND TANK I JUST GOT 39MPG,CITY AND HIGHWAY ABOUT HALF AND HALF.DEALERSHIP ADVERTISES 47 MPG. I AM SURE THAT IS SLOW ACCELERATION AND HIGHWAY AT 55. I HAVE A HEAVY THROTTLE AT START WHICH IT DOESNT HELP. WILL BE ADDING COBRA PIPES WHICH MAKE MY START UP WORSE. ANYBODY GETTING 47 UNDER NORMAL DRIVING.
ALSO WHEN IS THE LOW FUEL LIGHT COME ON AND STAY ON? MINE CAME ON AND OFF AT STOPS AND FINALLY STAYED ON AT 152 MILES WHICH IT HEHD 3.9 GALSWHAT IS NORMAL.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've had my bike about a year now and closing in on 8k miles. Don't think I ever got 47 out of mine. If I run good gas and obey the speed limits I average about 42. Then again I had my cobra pipes/air intake/fuel management system installed during my 600 mile tune up and wasn't even paying attention to milage at the time, just trying to run the crap gas the dealer gives you out of the tank and break it in right.

(The right break in is: ride normal for 450 miles then balls to the wall for the last 150 miles. Best to have your bike break while it's still under warranty and new. Now mine runs loose as a goose and when I pull out and do my drag strip take off everyone knows my bike is more then just good looking; It has balls too.

The low fuel light is supposed to come on when you have .9 of a gallon left, but thats probably standing still. In motion it comes on when it comes on. Best to not trust the thing and gas up every 130 miles like I do.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Just put on 600+ this weekend, I got 42-44 MPG (mostly 60 MPH, some stops). Light came on once at 142 miles and took 3.3 to fill up.

·
Peace
630 Posts
Aethelwolf,

"The right break in is: ride normal for 450 miles then balls to the wall for the last 150 miles"

You should make that a tag line in your profile. I thoughlt that was the way man was meant to live :rolleyes:

I normally get 45 - 46 mpg on my Interstate. dont normally get down on it,(comes with age) But when I do, I blow the milage thing right out with the wind :D My light comes on at 160 and have yet to put in more than 3.6 gals under normal conditions. I have been a little leary I will admit though, I havent tried to lay any rubber down because this is my first shaft driven bike. A chain or belt is a bit eaiser to repair if it breaks. So, How strong are these drive shafts and final gears?
Sorry for going off topic :blink: I also have 8836 miles on my ride.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Aethelwolf,

"The right break in is: ride normal for 450 miles then balls to the wall for the last 150 miles"

You should make that a tag line in your profile. I thoughlt that was the way man was meant to live :rolleyes:

I normally get 45 - 46 mpg on my Interstate. dont normally get down on it,(comes with age) But when I do, I blow the milage thing right out with the wind :D My light comes on at 160 and have yet to put in more than 3.6 gals under normal conditions. I have been a little leary I will admit though, I havent tried to lay any rubber down because this is my first shaft driven bike. A chain or belt is a bit eaiser to repair if it breaks. So, How strong are these drive shafts and final gears?
Sorry for going off topic :blink: I also have 8836 miles on my ride.
I've been curious about this too. The most I've done is a chirp, I started to let out the clutch so everything was tight/tensioned and then cracked it and let the clutch go together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts