Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what the Interstate owners out there are seeing for mileage. I have my low fuel light go on around 145 miles, give or take. If it comes on around a curve, I will slalom the bike on a straight and see if it clears. If it does, I wait until it comes on again (lot's of stations around here).

So far, I am averaging 41.7. I think that's pretty good, but am not sure.

Any feedback would be great... thanks!

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
I've been averaging about 42mpg, I didn't check it when I was running 80,85 for about 100+ miles, but I noticed I was about 45 miles short of my average tank range. light came on at about the 100 mile mark. 55-70mph, 40-45mpg.

·
Registered
19 Posts
On the 4th tank of gas and getting 44-45 mpg. Much better than I thought given my....enhanced weight. Been doing mostly driving to and from work, so a fair number of stop and go's. Going on a road trip to Gainesville next month, so I'll be interested to see how longer haul highway mileage is.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have now gone over 2300 miles since i bought the bike on 7/1. Over the first 2,000 of that, my mileage was squarely at 40 give or take .3 - .5 a tank.

Today though, I rode through an entire tank on only one shutdown (for lunch) and very few complete stops as we cruised a long run of backroads. A lot of travel at 50 - 60 miles per hour. I filled up when I got back at the same station and pump I have used for all but 3 tanks and the average was 44.5 mpg.

So, the lesson learned is at 55 or 60mph in 4th gear, even a chunky monkey like me can get good mileage! :D

·
"Captain"
86 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering what the Interstate owners out there are seeing for mileage. I have my low fuel light go on around 145 miles, give or take. If it comes on around a curve, I will slalom the bike on a straight and see if it clears. If it does, I wait until it comes on again (lot's of stations around here).

So far, I am averaging 41.7. I think that's pretty good, but am not sure.

Any feedback would be great... thanks!
My first filling was after the light came on at 129 miles. Not sure if they filled to the top at dealership. I will now today. Approaching that milage again.......

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought the bike used at 1337 miles.... have 2000 miles on bike now, ride around town mostly, best I have seen so far is 38 MPG. Also have loud ticking noise on acceleration only which several dealers have said sounds normal.

·
"Captain"
86 Posts
Any differences with higher octane? What is the best to use?

·
Registered
6 Posts
For the metric minded. I am getting @ 6.5/100 KM. This is about 20% city. Highway speed average @110KPH.
So right now @ 36 mpg. There is only 1000 km on bike, so I hope to see better after a few more kilometers.

·
"Captain"
86 Posts
Well, after a year of riding, my average is about 42 mpg.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get a steady 45 mpg in and out of city doing 65 mph or less. It drops to 38-40 mpg @ 70 mph and above.
I used all grades of gas and am @ 220 lbs.
I have the cobra power commander and cobra slip-ons and did not notice any difference with mileage or performance but does have a little more sound for traveling beside the cagers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts