Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just wondering what the ballpark is for first service cost. Don't remember paying what the dealership is asking on my last bike. Have a 2010 Sabre and took it in today and they said $299. I don't have the capability to do it on my own but it seems like that is really high. Even the guy that sold me the bike said he'd talk to them. Seems a little shady to me. Also told me that every other service, every 7000 miles, would cost the same. Would have expected better quality from Honda to have to do that much work every 7000 miles. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The shop I went to, also where I bought the bike, cost $130. I think some of these places are trying to rob ya'll.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Bought a nice shop service manual for $30 and did it myself. Went to the dealer where I bought it and bought the filter and oil (I know I paid to much), but now if they give me crap about inferior oil, I can say I used Honda oil and prove it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
My dealer quoted me $140 for the first service plus oil and filter. They can't get me in till the 25th so I went ahead and changed the oil and filter myself. I'll bring it in for the valve check and minor clutch and brake cable adjustments.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Charged 279.15, that's after the salesman took 20.00 off. 3 hours of labor @ 85.00/hour. I'm thinking about learning how to be a motorcycle mechanic. Thanks for all the info.
A good manual and some patience will take you a long ways. A big part of the labor is removing and installing covers and such, easy work, but expensive when done at a shop.

·
Peace
630 Posts
Now, you can do the rest of them your-self and be able to buy more chrome, gas, acc. etc...... :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts