Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
No, I noticed the front end on my Interstate is lighter and feels a little less stable than my old HD. If you are getting actual wheel or front end wobble, best get that fixed NOW. Could be neck bearing, read a lot of "death wobble" threads on the vtxcafe.com forum.

·
Registered
42 Posts
One of those stick on wheel balances might have fallen off (or never been put on). My dad had one fall off his VTX in his garage. They stuck it back on at the dealership and he was good to go.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I found that when riding without a wind shield and at speeds lets just say greater than 55 mph, that due to the handle bars being fairly wide , that the slightest movement input into the bars caused by the wind against your arms would result in a noticable wobble at the front wheel, since riding with a fairing I haven't had this happen. Just wondering if this will also happen while hitting bumps giving a slight jarring to the handle bars to get the front wheel wobble. Just saying. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes it does happen but usually only at speeds around 65 or faster. I've heard it referred to as a speed wobble and the best thing to do is just let it straighten out and do not fight it or try to tighten up. It happens to me occasionally and I just let it happen and go about my day. I really don't think it's a balance problem because if it was it would happen all the time even a low speeds.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes it does happen but usually only at speeds around 65 or faster. I've heard it referred to as a speed wobble and the best thing to do is just let it straighten out and do not fight it or try to tighten up. It happens to me occasionally and I just let it happen and go about my day. I really don't think it's a balance problem because if it was it would happen all the time even a low speeds.
What a meant by balance problem was not the wheel. The balance of the bike it's self.(maybe)It does not bother me much I just keep on riding.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I rode my wife's Stateline and I noticed an excessive amount of vibration where I couldn't focus my eyes very well. At first I thought it might have been the wind and the new windshield we just put on. After my wife rode it a couple of more times without the winds she said it was still there. It occurred around 60 or higher. We took it back to the dealer and they found that the front tire had something wrong with the side walls. New free tire install and it's good as new.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I rode my wife's Stateline and I noticed an excessive amount of vibration where I couldn't focus my eyes very well. At first I thought it might have been the wind and the new windshield we just put on. After my wife rode it a couple of more times without the winds she said it was still there. It occurred around 60 or higher. We took it back to the dealer and they found that the front tire had something wrong with the side walls. New free tire install and it's good as new.
Could you see the spot on the tire ? B)

·
Registered
46 Posts
How many miles were on your wifes bike when the vibration started? Was it a Bridgestone tire? Was your wife an experienced rider when she got her Stateline? My wife has expressed an interest in wanting her own.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I noticed issues with this over the weekend. Was passing folks on a highway, and when I hit the yellow raised paint on the line, my wheel would wobble for a few seconds. I have a new Metzler tire on it, and I'm sure it's all ok. Just had to hold on tighter when i crossed that line.

·
I wont call you Betty, but you CAN can call me Al
1,551 Posts
2010? How many miles on the tires? What is the date code on the tires? If originals, you might consider replacing, even if low mileage:

Dealer can check your head bearing. You may dump the bike off a jack if trying to find play in the head bearing by yourself.

Tire pressure can affect wobble.

Windshields and Fairings can cause wobble at higher speed and during high winds.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts