Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a Cobra PowrPro or know anything about it? I'm in the market but I'm not sure if it's worth the $500 plus dollars. I just bought my bike and ordered my cobra pipes that I plan on running with no baffles so I guess I'm going to need some kind of programmer. Any info would be appreciated. I'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if it's posted somewhere else.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I run the FI2000r on my Stateline but if you are just doing pipes with no baffles you will not need a programmer. The bike will run fine without. I ran mine for a year with just cobra pipes and no baffles. The only reason I added the FI2000r is because I added the powerflo intake also. You really dont need to change anything untill you change the amount of air coming into the bike.

·
Registered
71 Posts
dino,
Yes, the Powerflo intake does make more noise, but you'll hardly notice if you have aftermarket pipes. I've added the Cobra slip-on mufflers and they usually drown out the intake running down the road, although there is a noticable difference at idle.

Gary

·
Registered
131 Posts
I run premium fuel in my bike all the time. Usually 91. Today I filled the bike up with 132 miles on the trip meter and my fuel light was still NOT on. I would say that is pretty awesome for a 4.4 gallon tank. If your beating that stock then dont change a thing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I find it really hard to believe that you had that many miles on your bike before the fuel light came on. I am not trying to discredit you but that seems far fetched. I do ride my bike pretty aggressively and run it like I stole it so maybe your right, but that still seems extremely high. Lets see if anybody else chimes in on this...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well that is just oustanding. I only rode my bike stock for about 50 miles so I probably have lost some efficiency along the way. I start looking for gas (light or not) at about 125 miles.

·
Peace
630 Posts
Well that is just oustanding. I only rode my bike stock for about 50 miles so I probably have lost some efficiency along the way. I start looking for gas (light or not) at about 125 miles.
I consistently get 45 - 46 mile per gallon. Light comes on at 160 miles. I do tend to baby it though. At 8300 miles, it has always been the same. :) And a lot of my miles are two up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have any of you guys validated your odo/speedomoters? I have read on the Iron Butt forum about guys on Japenese bikes needing to validate the trips with a GPS. Also, my Dad's VTX is pretty far off. I validated mine against his Garmin unit and it's right on. I get ~36 miles/gallon in the city and ~41 on the highway. I'm not saying anybody is wrong about thier miles/gallon calculations but I am saying this flaw is one logical explanation for the huge variance in mpg's from bike to bike. Obviously, if you make performance improvements to the bike that can also change the fuel consumption.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts