Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Honda VT1300 Interstate. And i have just purchased 3"Cobra slip on's,Cobra powerflo air filter,Cobra Fi2000r.
Can anyone recommend what to set the Fi2000r at with that combo?

·
Registered
131 Posts
1-2-0 is the factory setting and what Cobra recommends. The third pot is for when your engine is at its maximum load. I am currently using the factory recommended settings on my Stateline but when I put my bike on the dyno in june I will probably be changing that 3rd pot setting.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
Do those of you who have the high flow filter, pipes and FI2000 notice a big difference in performance?

·
Registered
593 Posts
I can't speek to the issue of performance, since I had my Pipes, I2000r and powerflow air intake installed within a week of purchasing the bike. I never really tested the power (still on break in) before they were installed. I can say that my bike seems more powerfull now with 7K+ miles on it then it did before it had 5K miles on it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
So I just installed the Samson's, and changed out for the high flow filter, and of course we're running lean and dirty. I'm not wanting to go through break-in like this, so I'm needing to get some fuel management going....

The only one I can find online is the FI2000R. Are there any other suggestions? Or how do you all like the Cobra?

Randy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great =) ... Did you have lean probs and backfiring before you added it? Did it fix and the "expected" issues with pipes and air flow? And did you install it yourself? Or have the shop do it?

Tks!
Randy

·
Registered
593 Posts
Actually I had my pipes, Powerflow air intake and I2000R installed at the same time. I had done enough research to know that to do it right you have to do the whole package at the same time. It does pop on occasion when I let off the throtle, but mostly at low speeds and the popping is easy to stop just by pulling in the clutch for a second or two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts