Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I am going to put a Cobra Speedster Swept exhaust system on my 2010 Sabre soon, and I need you guys' help. I would like some input from you guys on whether I NEED to put on a Powerflo air intake system and a fuel management (Fi2000R) on, or not. I've seen other Sabre's on this Forum that do have the air intake system, and I've seen some that do not with the Cobra Exhaust system on.
I've done some google-ing and found some sites that say you don't need to, and some sites that say you should.
I've called up Honda dealerships and I've also gotten both answers from different dealerships, So you could see my confusion here. I am not the most mechanical person and don't know too much about exhausts and air intakes and fuel management, and this is why I'm turning to you guys here.
Some could say, "Just keep it stock," but I'm not a huge fan of the stock exhaust system and don't have the financial capability of buying all three components (Cobra Exhaust system: $600, Air Intake: $280 , Fuel Management: $235).

Please Help!

Justin

·
Registered
2 Posts
you don't NEED to put on a new air intake just because you're putting on a new exhaust, nor will you need to use a fuel management system for just an exhaust. now if you do both the exhaust and the air intake you will need to use the fuel managment system. the reason i did the intake was so the bike could breath better, plus i'm 6ft tall and my knee kept hitting the stock box. the cobra power flow intake isn't as wide and with the mustang seat i use i moved back roughly an inch. now my knee sits directly behind the air intake box.

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
I would agree with Fuel, pipes only will be fine.

·
Peace
630 Posts
[sup]I agree, you do not need a fuel managment system with just pipes.........BUT, you would be much happier if you add it now with the new pipes. The Cobra Fi2000 I have I got for $195 from westend motorsports a few months ago. I found the differnce was like night and day the way the bike responded with it. I am very happy that I did this with my pipes and is my favorate mod that I have done so far.[/sup]

·
Registered
14 Posts
pipes alone with baffles in probably doesnt require a controller, w/o baffles.. maybe, and definitely needed if you go with an intake as well.. if you have the extra cash i would do intake, exhaust, and controller. It really woke my bike up

Reactions: jknepper

·
Peace
630 Posts
You should really check out the Bub Jug Huggers :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
i had cobra swept pipes fitted first without baffles bike sounded great nice and loud didnt need to add fuel management bike run well i then added a hyper charger stinger and a pcv and had the bike dyno tuned by the dealer the bike now is very quick and runs very well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.