Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

In addition to the rattle I posted about under "Vibration", I am noticing a very loud buzz at certain RPM's. Has anyone had to do the dash panel or headlight mods that have been mentioned at VTX Cafe? Before I go taking things apart, it would be nice to know if anyone else has done this on the VT's....

Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Not here but a couple of quick things I can think of would be loose windshield bolts which I've heard a couple of people mention, or your signal lights sitting too close to your windshield and vibrating/rattling against it. I just put the new Kuryakyn deep dish bezel covers on mine and they're sitting awfully close now but haven't ridden it yet due to the constant rain! Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I installed the Kuryakyn bezels on my Interstate and sure enough they hit the windshield on the bottom. So much it knocked the reflector shield inside the signal light loose. I took them off and grinded the windshield with a dremel to make them fit better and no more problems. I can't say I have any buzzing on my bike.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not here but a couple of quick things I can think of would be loose windshield bolts which I've heard a couple of people mention, or your signal lights sitting too close to your windshield and vibrating/rattling against it. I just put the new Kuryakyn deep dish bezel covers on mine and they're sitting awfully close now but haven't ridden it yet due to the constant rain! Let us know what you find out.
That is one I had not thought of yet. I will have a look. I have tightened the windshield nuts and even replaced the lower two with stainless nuts and lock washers since they are not as easily seen or accessible.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Speeking of Buzzing sounds, not too long ago I was riding with my feet on the highway pegs and a Wasp/Hornet (Something with a stinger) went up my left pant leg and stung the crap out of me three times before I managed to slap my thigh enough to subdue the bastered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts