Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see they make a unit for the Fury, has anyone used that unit on their Interstate? I sent them an email asking if it would work but they claim the current unit will hit the gas tank. They are working on a fix but it won't be ready for a month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Breakaway it installed scratched my tank :angry: I had to cut, bend and wrap parts of it in electrical tape just so it won't hit the tank as harshly. Now I'm waiting for risers to be available so I can make U-turns without worrying.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I had one installed on my Interstate when I bought the bike. Works great. I recommend it over the other types.
Aethelwolf, Does it scrape your gas tank?

I found this link

BreakAway Cruise Control

The link says "f you are installing on a 2010 or newer Honda Interstate, Stateline or Sabre, you will need to have P/N 5C23 Turn Limiter. This will keep the cruise control from coming in contact with your gas tank."

Does it affect bike safety if you don't have full turn capability?

Thanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Brakeaway unit and it will touch the gas tank on a full right hand crank. I will be ordering the turn limiter this winter to avoid the problem. I'm sure the limiter will only affect a full right turn only slightly.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the Brakeaway unit and it will touch the gas tank on a full right hand crank. I will be ordering the turn limiter this winter to avoid the problem. I'm sure the limiter will only affect a full right turn only slightly.
I just installed the BreakAway Cruise Control on my Stateline. I have the Brakes Mounted as close to the switches on the right side that I can. I have plenty of clearance for the BreakAway. It does not contact the gas tank even with the handlebars turned full right. I didn't have any trouble installing the BreakAway over the Kuryakyn ISO Grips.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd like to see a picture of yours close-up where it attaches to the brake lever. The little L shaped bracket is the culprit that will touch the tank. I installed mine as per the instructions and it will contact it. Maybe rotating the brake lever up will cure this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts