Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any tips and/or tricks to help keep a new bike clean and protected? I got turned on to Bike-Brite products and very happy with them. I try to keep from riding in the rain down to a minimum. I'm just trying to help keep the showroom luster and shine without damaging the chrome and paint. Which products do you suggest?

·
Registered
77 Posts
A Leaf Blower!! Why didn't I Think,........................................................................ Oh Yah! You Guy's Are Just Full Of,................. Good Stuff!! Keep It Up!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone! HomeBrewer, I'll have to give Meguiars a test and compare it to Bike-Brite. I also like the idea of the leaf blower. Next, I'll have to try Pistondriven's idea....but that might be a bit more costly!

·
Failure to Yielder
1,168 Posts
Thanks for the responses everyone! HomeBrewer, I'll have to give Meguiars a test and compare it to Bike-Brite. I also like the idea of the leaf blower. Next, I'll have to try Pistondriven's idea....but that might be a bit more costly!
All those girls come with blowers.......ZING!

·
Registered
437 Posts
I use marine wax for that deep deep shine

·
Registered
77 Posts
After washing with a mild soap and water and then drying with a "Leaf Blower" which (and once again you where rite!) works awesome. I have had good luck with Lucas Slick Mist, spray on and wipe with a micro fibre towel then with a second micro fibre towel buff!

·
The Chief
1,076 Posts
For Quick Cleanups - Pledge is great in between Washing!

The Bikini Girl cleaner I am in between now - Looking for another LOL!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Second Mcguires for the wax, I also use the mcguires gold class for the soap. The wax has a nice smell as well. Isnt expensive and can be found at walmart.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts