Honda VT1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Realtor Man
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Interstate and not really in love with the windshield but really like the look of the batwing. My questions are: 1 Memphis Shades shows one for the Sabre & Stateline but not the Interstate...... aahhh there the same right? I do see guys with pics with Batwings just trying to find out which one to get. 2nd is there one that mounts to the windshield brackets that are on the bike now? I figure NOT but ya never know!!

Attachments

·
WHYNOT
745 Posts
I have a 2013 Interstate and not really in love with the windshield but really like the look of the batwing. My questions are: 1 Memphis Shades shows one for the Sabre & Stateline but not the Interstate...... aahhh there the same right? I do see guys with pics with Batwings just trying to find out which one to get. 2nd is there one that mounts to the windshield brackets that are on the bike now? I figure NOT but ya never know!!
Same, but need to remove the fork covers on the Interstate for the batwing mounts..

Reactions: Crusin The SMOKEYs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone help me find a batwing for my 2013 Honda Interstate? I live in Memphis, but Memphis shades does not make a batwing for this bike, but I've seen in this forum pictures of the Interstate with a batwing. Help a brother out. Where can I find a batwing?????

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have the Memphis Shades on my Interstate, just have to remove the fork covers, Willie and Max makes one you do not have to remove the covers.

There are a few thhreads on here about mounting them.

·
Realtor Man
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NOT TRUE spoke with Mike and with Willie & Max and on the Interstate fork covers have to come off. That would leave you with half chrome and half black forks and Im NOT liking that. However Mike thinks you might be able to mix & match kits from Memphis Shades and make it work. Dong more research...

·
Registered
124 Posts
batwing fairing

I mounted a Memphis Shades batwing fairing using the stock windshield mounts, just need to use two small pieces of metal to line up the mount points on the fairing to the mount points on the stock brackets. I used Plumbing straps cut to the correct length and and two elevator bolts.Came out great, lays nice and flat. had to relocate / lose the stock blinkers. Found some great replacements that match the headlight. also use some single LED lights in the holes meant for the wind deflectors. I'll try to get some pictures posted in the near future

·
Registered
443 Posts
Your Interstate has such clean lines to it. It looks wonderful. Adding a batwing will bulk up the look of that bike quite a bit. Not sure if that is a good thing. Clear Fork deflectors, small engine guard (hondaline) and chaps totally cure wind issues and better keeps the sleek look of the Interstate.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.